Dr. Akua Afriyie-Gray MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 26th, 2016
She literally saved my life! Skilled and nice too!

October 16th, 2015
disillusioned.
I saw Dr. Akua Afriyie-Gray one evening at her Oakbrook Office. She is not my regular doctor, but I made an appointment with her because of my work schedule. My appointment was at 6:20pm. I waited alone and unattended until 7:20PM. Once she tended to me, she appeared to be polite and somewhat apologetic about the 1 hour delay. She pulled up my medical records before examining me and gave me quite the shock. She stated I had a high-risk pregnancy and needed to plan a date for my emergency c-section because I have placenta previa. I am 37 weeks pregnant. I explained that this information was never brought to my attention by my regular doctor. Dr. Gray stated that she could not examine me because of the placenta previa...meaning the placenta was blocking the baby from being delivered vaginally. After this news, she rushed me out of her office. I drove home an emotional wreck because I felt very confused and alone. The next morning, Dr. Gray phoned me and said it was an oversight on her end and that the baby was fine for the time being. No where in my medical records did it say I had placenta previa. I spoke with my regular doctor and she stated that mistakes happen. I feel that this was a huge oversight on her part and it should be acknowledged. Often times, doctors forget that we are human and we need some sort of guidance and comfort. I felt this was very irresponsible on her part. The emotional rollercoaster I was placed on could have very well sent me into early labor. I just pray no one else has to endure this kind of experience.

April 10th, 2015
The BEST
Absolutely, hands down, one of the best providers! Caring, compassionate, dedicated, intelligent, competent, consummate professional!

September 17th, 2014
Wish she had delivered my second!
She is amazing! She was my doctor for my first daughter almost 10 years ago. We just had our second and currently reside in Texas, I wish I still lived in Illinois. The doctors here were rude, inconsiderate, discourteous, cold and calculating. If I had a choice of a doctor it would definitely be Dr. Gray every time! I truly miss her, I miss how enjoyable she made the experience. She was by far the best doctor I have ever had, I still remember her to this day. That should count for something. Thank you for being an amazing doctor, keep doing what you're doing. Don't get jaded by the system, like my current doctor is!

May 11th, 2013
Best Of Tge Best
The best Dr. I've met. Were thinking about having another baby & want you for our O.B & you have moved on us. :(

February 7th, 2009
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Afriyie-Gray has delivered my children and I would refer her to anyone. She was laid back yet professional. She made me feel comfortable enough to ...

February 7th, 2009
The Best!
I love this doctor. She has delivered my children. She very caring and helpful.