Cardiovascular / Thoracic Surgeon
2200 E Fruit St
Ste 207
Santa Ana, CA 92701
714-973-9903
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  A wonderful doctor and friend  |  show details
by George B. on Mar 3rd, 2014

Dr. Afifi, a wonderful doctor and person, first came into my life years ago when he operated on my lung for lung cancer. That was my second lung cancer surgery in three years. He is an excellent surgeon. Not only is he well respected in the medical community, but he is such a great person that he was able to make a difficult process as easy as it could be with my lung cancer recurrence. Following that surgery, he provided me excellent follow up care in the years that followed. About two years later, my lung cancer had spread to the adrenal glands. In a time of desperation for my family and me, Dr. Afifi and his staff, Tammy, were there for us. They guided us, supported us, and helped us hands on in our search to find a surgeon with adrenal gland expertise that would actually operate on someone with Stage IV cancer. This was not as easy task. My third surgery did happen. It is now over two years after the latest surgery and I am cancer free. Dr. Afifi has been by my side this entire time. Every day that I wake up after three lung cancer surgeries I am truly grateful to have Dr. Afifi in my life. He will always be a wonderful doctor and friend for everything he has done for me.

Jan 8th, 2014

Hard working, caring doctor.

|  A ONE-OF-A-KIND HERO!  |  show details
by MBard on Dec 2nd, 2013

Our family is extremely honored and blessed to know Dr. Alaa Afifi because he is the ONLY reason our loved one is still alive. You will make the wisest decision of a lifetime when you select this consummate professional as your surgeon. Extremely knowledgeable, dedicated, thorough, attentive, compassionate, trustworthy, and honorable are just a few traits that describe this exceptional doctor. Dr. Afifi saved my father’s life twice, once with a triple bypass in 2012; and again when he was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer a few months ago. Directly after his heart surgery, Dr. Afifi stayed in ICU till my father was stable, made time for daily hospital visits, checked in with nurses several times a day, kept the family updated and called him at home after discharge. In addition, he listened to my dad’s needs and was incredibly helpful during follow-up visits. When my father was diagnosed with cancer, doctors in two hospitals considered his case terminal. As a consulting physician, Dr. Afifi thought otherwise and went above the call of duty to fight for my father’s life. Thank you to this doctor’s brilliant insights, sound judgment, excellent recommendations and extreme care, my father is in full recovery from a high-risk surgery and is now cancer-free. A true expert and leader with a heart-of-gold is who we all want as a doctor!

|  Best cardiovascular surgeon ever!  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2013

Dr Afifi's office staff is easy to work with and always gets patient s in quickly. He a very kind and patient doctor. He saves lives everyday and will still go out of his way to see patients in the office and care for them. He answers his phone calls quickly and is always positive. There is no emergency to big for him to take care of. He is a great surgeon and I am glad he is in our community .

Nov 16th, 2013

Dr Afifi is an excellent surgeon with great judgement and insight to cardiovascular issues . He takes into consideration the entire patients medical concerns and makes decisions based on all the information given to him. He personally reviews images taken on radiology exams and explains them to patients in a way they can understand. In summary, Dr. Afifi is a dedicated compassionate physician who takes superb care of his patients .

|  Simply a wonderful doctor.  |  show details
by Darrell W. ( for Debra H. ) on Nov 12th, 2013

Dr. Afifi is a fantastic doctor and a great guy. He has cared for my mother through multiple surgeries, and recovery. He and his staff ,(Tammy ) are always available to answer questions, and help out in any way they can. He is a very kind and compassionate doctor. He is the reason my mother is still with us today, and we feel blessed to have him in our corner.

by Harry Guyer on Nov 11th, 2013

In 2003, Dr. Afifi heard my wife & daughter walking in the Ellis hospital hall worried getting my heart surgery scheduled. He immediately talked to them and scheduled the surgery. 3 days later, he performed cardiac by-pass surgery on me . Six by-passes were performed on 11/10/03. I returned to work 1/2/2004 and worked without problems until my normal retirement in 2007. I have had no restrictions and workout 3X a week, The only meds I take are a statin and aspirin daily. I have had a normal life ever since the surgery, e.g., travel, enjoy my 7 grandkids, hiking and walking. If you are facing heart surgery you are in good hands with Dr. Afifi

|  Admirable Surgeon  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2013

Dr. Afifi performed open heart surgery on me. I was very scared, but Dr. Afifi was very thorough and took plenty of time explaining the procedure to my family and myself. His confidence and knowledge made me feel comfortable about having to get surgery. After surgery follow up was great, he was constantly checking on me to make sure I was recovering well and was always available; just phone call away if I needed anything. Thanks to Dr. Afifi’s promptness and his staff Tammy, I was able to get the surgery faster than I thought and be on my way to a good recovery. Dr. Afifi has excellent bedside manners, he is very compassionate, and you can really feel that he honestly cares about his patients and enjoys his job. He is by far the best Doctor I've ever had. There are really not enough words to describe what an excellent Surgeon he is. Thank you, Dr. Afifi for the exceptional job you did on me!

|  Neida Reese  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

Dr. Afifi preformed a six way heart bypass on my husband and did a wonderful job, he kept me updated on everything. if it was not for Dr. Afifi and his brother and staff I do not believe my husband would be alive to day. God Bless you Dr.Afifi and your staff and family for saving mine.

|  EXCELLENT SURGEON  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2011

Dr. Afifi just performed surgery on my mom for lung cancer. He is brilliant. He explained everything so thoroughly. This has been such a scary time for my family but his confidence, knowledge and bedside manner was like no other. We were extremely blessed having him for a surgeon. I cannot say enough about him. His office staff (Tammy) was a blessing as well. She kept us smiling through a difficult time. Thank you Dr. Afifi

Jun 21st, 2010

Fantastic surgeon, saved my life and stayed at my bedside for over 24 hours straight until he knew I was out of the critical stage. Could reach him on the cell phone at any time, call back response less than 5 minutes.