Dr. Alaa Afifi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 3rd, 2016
Pretty cool
The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle and known loss and found there way out of the depths. Those persons have an appreciation and a sensitivity, understanding of life that fills them with compassion , genteness and a deep loving concern.... beautiful people do not just happen. Thank you Dr. Alaa for your heart and passion:)

January 19th, 2016
THE Real McCoy
Boy, what a superstar surgeon he is! Nice guy and knew his stuff inside and out. Unlike other top doctors that are snooty, (and like a car salesman that just sold you a bucket) Afifi was kind, patient and explained everything he was going to do AND ALWAYS MADE TIME FOR US. He even personally called my wife a few times following the lung collapse surgery for updates and her pain levels. Another thing, HE answers his phone. What peace of mind I had the whole time with him. Overall, it's a blessing God sent Afifi to save my wife's life.

January 17th, 2016
Number one surgeon
Dr Afifi is a wonderful surgeon and person. He doesn't treat his patients as a number. He truly cares for them and genuinely cares for their well being.

January 17th, 2016
Caring surgeon
Took extremely great care of my daughter during and after her surgery. I highly recommend this surgeon.

January 12th, 2016
Best doctor/surgeon!
Dr. Afifi treated me for a spontaneous pneumothorax and performed a blebectomy on my lung. He takes the time to educate his patients and the patients' family members about the condition, so that everyone is well informed of the condition and treatment. He is very compationate towards his patients, and follows up with them after surgery. I felt extremely safe in his care. I highly recommend this doctor!

July 20th, 2015
SUPERSTAR Cardiovascular Surgeon
Dr. Afifi is a superstar cardiovascular surgeon who performed my triple bypass surgery 3 years ago and I have been blessed to be introduced to such a compassionate, knowledgeable, and caring individual. Dr. Afifi and his staff (Ms. Tammy), are consummate professionals who always go above and beyond to ensure the patient is properly cared for; my family and I are eternally grateful! THANK YOU!

March 3rd, 2014
A wonderful doctor and friend
Dr. Afifi, a wonderful doctor and person, first came into my life years ago when he operated on my lung for lung cancer. That was my second lung cancer surgery in three years. He is an excellent surgeon. Not only is he well respected in the medical community, but he is such a great person that he was able to make a difficult process as easy as it could be with my lung cancer recurrence. Following that surgery, he provided me excellent follow up care in the years that followed. About two years later, my lung cancer had spread to the adrenal glands. In a time of desperation for my family and me, Dr. Afifi and his staff, Tammy, were there for us. They guided us, supported us, and helped us hands on in our search to find a surgeon with adrenal gland expertise that would actually operate on someone with Stage IV cancer. This was not as easy task. My third surgery did happen. It is now over two years after the latest surgery and I am cancer free. Dr. Afifi has been by my side this entire time. Every day that I wake up after three lung cancer surgeries I am truly grateful to have Dr. Afifi in my life. He will always be a wonderful doctor and friend for everything he has done for me.

January 8th, 2014
Hard working, caring doctor.

December 2nd, 2013
A ONE-OF-A-KIND HERO!
Our family is extremely honored and blessed to know Dr. Alaa Afifi because he is the ONLY reason our loved one is still alive. You will make the wisest decision of a lifetime when you select this consummate professional as your surgeon. Extremely knowledgeable, dedicated, thorough, attentive, compassionate, trustworthy, and honorable are just a few traits that describe this exceptional doctor. Dr. Afifi saved my father’s life twice, once with a triple bypass in 2012; and again when he was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer a few months ago. Directly after his heart surgery, Dr. Afifi stayed in ICU till my father was stable, made time for daily hospital visits, checked in with nurses several times a day, kept the family updated and called him at home after discharge. In addition, he listened to my dad’s needs and was incredibly helpful during follow-up visits. When my father was diagnosed with cancer, doctors in two hospitals considered his case terminal. As a consulting physician, Dr. Afifi thought otherwise and went above the call of duty to fight for my father’s life. Thank you to this doctor’s brilliant insights, sound judgment, excellent recommendations and extreme care, my father is in full recovery from a high-risk surgery and is now cancer-free. A true expert and leader with a heart-of-gold is who we all want as a doctor!

November 17th, 2013
Best cardiovascular surgeon ever!
Dr Afifi's office staff is easy to work with and always gets patient s in quickly. He a very kind and patient doctor. He saves lives everyday and will still go out of his way to see patients in the office and care for them. He answers his phone calls quickly and is always positive. There is no emergency to big for him to take care of. He is a great surgeon and I am glad he is in our community .

November 16th, 2013
Dr Afifi is an excellent surgeon with great judgement and insight to cardiovascular issues . He takes into consideration the entire patients medical concerns and makes decisions based on all the information given to him. He personally reviews images taken on radiology exams and explains them to patients in a way they can understand. In summary, Dr. Afifi is a dedicated compassionate physician who takes superb care of his patients .

November 12th, 2013
Simply a wonderful doctor.
Dr. Afifi is a fantastic doctor and a great guy. He has cared for my mother through multiple surgeries, and recovery. He and his staff ,(Tammy ) are always available to answer questions, and help out in any way they can. He is a very kind and compassionate doctor. He is the reason my mother is still with us today, and we feel blessed to have him in our corner.