Dr. Alamelu Murugappan MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

May 18th, 2017
Great thorough Dr. who loves what she does!
This is the second time I have seen Dr. Muru and my migraines have decreased with the regimen she started me on last month. Don't be surprised if you are waiting a little longer than your appt. time. It's well worth it! She takes time with her patients and she provides a thorough assessment. She is very helpful, knowledgeable, understanding, and provides the utmost care. She gives you a chance to ask any questions and she does not rush you. I love the fact that she remembered me since my last visit. Most Drs that I have went to treat me like a new pt every visit. One thing that I admire about her is she is also a teacher. I love that she has a willingness to show other residents the ropes. Being in the medical field, I love to see someone learn and succeed behind such a great doctor! Well done Dr. Muru! See you soon!

January 17th, 2017
I am very grateful to Dr. Murugappan & her office staff (Yulu, Lisa and the others) for the level of care & compassion they have for their patients, for always taking the time to answer health related questions & concerns, promptly completing refills & scheduling appointments & in general for the overall quality of service received by Dr. Murugappan & her staff. Dr. Murugappan is an awesome neurologist, she is direct & truly cares about her patients welfare and wellbeing; will gladly recommend.

October 25th, 2016
Rude
Awful experience every time we have seen this doctor. Patient has new onset seizures, multiple seizures every day. At the first doctor's visit she came in & was very rude, asked how we got the appointment because she was too busy & didn't have time to see another patient. Felt rushed through the appointment. When checking out, the doctor then came out & started scolding her staff right in front of me for squeezing in an appointment when she was too busy. Have had multiple tests run & have seen the doctor 3 times now (the last 2 doctor's visits were just as unpleasant as the first) & still no answers. The doctor is extremely vague & will not tell us anything or give any advice. She speaks in a very condescending manor & acts as if the patient is an inconvenience. Once the last test that she ordered has been done we will be going to a new neuro. I would NEVER recommend this lady to anyone who wants serious care & solutions.

August 27th, 2016
Don't Do it!
Doctor wait time is 2 hours. When you finally do see her for a consultation (I was referred for Botox Protocol for Migraine Mgmt), she rushed through without even looking at my medical history, then told me my insurance doesn't cover the procedure (it does), & insisted I pay out of pocket. After that, I would never trust her to stick needles in me! Find someone else who isn't in practice for just the money.

April 19th, 2016
new patient appt
Very friendly, but didn't really look at me while I was talking to her. Very fast, my biggest issue is that I needed an extra script for a blood test, I called 4 days in a row one week and 5 times the following day prior to one test, still no response. I ended up cancelling all appts, and will find another doctor.

March 10th, 2016
Dr. Marugappan is very professional, went straight to the point and told me exactly what I had. She is taking a conservative approach to treat my health issue and not prescribe meds unless I wont get better which I really like........ I will recommend this Dr. to anyone. My wife also had seen her before after going to 2 other neurologist that could not pin point her medical issue; Dr. Muru diagnosed her on her first visit and treat her, my wife has never gotten pain again.

December 15th, 2015
Finally found relief from severe migraine headaches. Be patient and follow Dr. Muru's medical plan and hopefully you will experience the same excellent care and positive outcomes.

April 8th, 2015
Very nice doctor

January 6th, 2015
Best Headache Dr in the world
After over 50 years of daily headaches and migraines, and numerous doctors. I am finally able to live a normal life with out the daily headaches. She was able to help me by my second visit. If you have headaches please don't hesitate any longer. Just go see Dr Muru. trust in her and her staff. I know you won't be disappointed. I can't say enough about her. Finally a doctor that listens and can diagnose in such a short time. Thank you so much Dr Murur

June 6th, 2014
Excellent Neurologist!!!
Dr Murugappan is not only very thorough, but she is very kind too. She listens well and spends ample time with me when I am with her. I don't think I have ever been to a "specialist" physician that was as easy to communicate with. I highly recommend her!

June 1st, 2014
Fantastic Dr!
I would definitely recommend Dr. Muru and will be going back to her! She and her staff were very compassionate, genuine, and professional. I did not feel like a number at this Dr.'s office. She took her time and explained everything and answered all my questions. A thorough doctor with expertise!

May 30th, 2013