A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Afsari:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Afsari is Satisfactory.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Afsari, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Afsari graduated from American University of the Caribbean, Coral Gables.
Dr. Afsari has 13 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- The Tampa General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Afsari accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 8 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan M. Afsari practice?
Dr. Alan Afsari practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Temple Terrace, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Detroit, MI and Grosse Pointe, MI.