Overall Review

2.9

August 13th, 2015
Not sure about him...
I went to Dr. Alberts twice. Had to wait a long time. You don't even get through to a person when you call. It's pretty annoying. Anyway, he seemed nice enough but he talked way over my head and I felt pretty stupid (and I'm a teacher). I kept asking him questions, but his answers were so specific with medical jargon, I didn't understand. Anyway, he ordered more bloodwork after carefully explaining what the results meant (but I didn't really get it, honestly) and then I saw him again. I thought it was ridiculous I had to get another referral and make another appointment and pay another copay just to get results. He diagnosed me with something, although i'm still not sure and have made an appointment with another rheumatologist for a second opinion. My primary thought it was weird that he requested I research the drugs available to treat my condition and to call him with the one I wanted to go on. I don't even know if I have this disease honestly - two other rheumatologists in the past said no - and I'm not about to go on these scary drugs without knowing for sure. I guess it's a matter of opinion. One of the major indicators to him was a hearing loss problem I'm having, but three ENT's have said my hearing loss is not auto-immune and that it couldn't be used as criteria for saying I have this condition. I'm curious to see what another rheumatologist thinks. He seems nice enough but talks way over my head and I'm just not sure of him yet.

May 30th, 2013
horrible office staff
AVOID THIS OFFICE. The office staff is so disorganized and uneducated. I scheduled an appointment over a week in advance and verified they accepted my insurance. When I showed up, the staff stated they did not take my insurance. I called my ins & they call the dr office. They DID take my ins but it took them 25 mins to clear up THEIR ERROR. Then they stated it was too far past my appt time to see me and then I would have to reschedule for another week down the road! WHAT A JOKE. SO UNPROFESSIONAL!

April 23rd, 2013
Horrible Doctor
Alan R. Alberts should not even be a doctor at all. I have been seeing him for over 5 years, and keep on giving me the same medication all the time, Will only see me for about 2-3 minutes and usually talked about golf, baseball, and other sports instead of my condition. Then insisted on seeing me again in 4-6 months time. Just to get the insurance. He's not interested in patient health. Not a good choice. I finally got a better doctor who's much more interested in my condition and health being and spent more time with me. Stay away from the greedy Alan Alberts.

September 21st, 2012
Worst Dr ever!!!
Like the previous comments, this Dr will never come on the phone, you have to wait over an hour to see him for less than 3 min. He'll leave you waiting in the room and when you come out too see if he's comming back the nurses tell you you're done and you haven't even asked him anything!! Besides that half of the time I couldn't understand a word of what he said!! His favorite frase is "I'll see you in 6 weeks"!! I saw him every six weeks for almost 3 years and was worst every day!! When I decided to change Drs. My new Dr tried to get my records they would not send them, my primary care Dr had to personally call and told them he was going to report them!!! I've been with my new Dr for 6 mts and I'm feeling much much better!! This Dr never run a vitamin D test and most of my bone pain was due to vitamin D deficiency!!

August 13th, 2012
Impossible to make an appointment
Called Doctor's Office, left a message for an appointment; call back to me an hour later, worker left phone with me awaiting an outcome. Another worker gets back on phone doesn't know anything about why I'm hanging on.. Then another worker makes an appointment only to be called back by yet another working sayting I cannot have that date. Again another appointment made, again cannot have the date set. Now awaiting another call back for yet another appointment. No one allows me to talk to the doctor. What's wrong with this group? Poor Dr. Alberts! Poor me!

October 15th, 2010
worst ever experience
first time i saw dr alberts i was in alot of distress just moving here from the midwest. i had left a doctor that spent time with me and made me feel like a person. First visit to dr alberts new patient visit he spent less than one minute with me and i had waited almost 2 hrs to see him. He just kept me on the same meds and increased the dosage of one and said we would discuss if it helped the next time. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that this was an off day. Next visit less wait time but this time he spent even less time with me I was trying to explain my situation with him and he left right after the beginning of the visit and just left me sitting there wondering if he was coming back. I had to stop him in the hallway after he had seen the next pt to try to discuss if the increase in med had worked and he refused to discuss it with me or even come back in the room with me. I cried all the way home because I had not gotten the help I needed. He agreed to refill a script for me is all he did and do it over the wireless. I called my mail order pharm one week later and learned that they had not gotten the refill. i was also due for a refill of the med he had increased the dosage on that was prescribed for my condition. since the mail order pharm had not gotten the wireless refill they offered to send a fax and also ask for a refill on the med he increased. When his office assistant got the request they called an left a message that he would refill the med he said he would in the extremely brief office visit but that he had only refilled the other med as a favor!!!!!! he increased the dosage to see if it would help my condition and they refused to discuss it and then refused to refill what he had increased. talk about insult to injury I have never had such a humiliating and demeaning experience in my life.

September 1st, 2010
Kwoledgable, & Empathetic &
Dr. Alberts has been caring for my my R/A for over 6 years. He is 1 of the most empathetic, caring and knowledgeable Doctors I've encountered and had the pleasure of treating me. He is conservatively save but as he stays on the cutting edge of newer technology re: the treatment of my R/A. My biggest issue is, my 270 lb. weight loss and can not use NSAIDS as a result. This has always been his biggest challenge. Thank you!

July 9th, 2010
Best experience in an MD office
The office mailed me paperwork so that when I arrived it too less time. Only waited 15 minutes. Dr Alberts was very personable and friendly. He was thorough, detailed and educated me. I would highly recommend him to others.