Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Patient show details Patient
May 22nd, 2015

Dr. Patterson was excellent for the birth of our children. I was a high risk pregnancy and Dr. Patterson was always very attentive to our concerns. During the birth he is very calm and in control. I have been a RN for 20 years and would recommend Dr. Patterson to anyone.

May 19th, 2015

Awesome and very caring Dr!!!

Apr 1st, 2015

Dr. Patterson walked me through my pregnancy step by step and answered any questions that I had. When I had any concerns with my pregnancy, he was very prompt to get me in to the office.

by Andrea Stocking on Feb 17th, 2015

Dr. Patterson has been my doctor for about 3 years, and he has always been courteous and professional. He delivered our first child, a healthy, beautiful baby girl, in Dec. 2013. I recommend him to friends, and will continue to see him for our future children.

Feb 17th, 2015

Dr. Patterson is vert attentive and answers all of my questions. He is easily available if I have any issues.

by Cynthia B. on Feb 16th, 2015

My visit with Dr. Alan Patterson was excellent. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Dr. Patterson was very thorough with his exam and answered all my questions. He also was very concerned with my problems that I have experienced and took the necessary actions the look further into them for me. I was very satisfied with Dr. Alan Patterson and would recommend him to anyone.

Good Luck! show details Good Luck!
by PTSD from Dr. P on Dec 11th, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Patterson about 9 years ago. I was 20-21. The only thing positive that I can say is that his staff was always very sweet. Let me begin.. I was a young girl looking to get my annual pap and needed a new gyn. He was referred by a friend. I remember always having to wait approx. 30 minutes each visit, he was very monotone and emotionless. Whatever, all I wanted was a good doctor. I had my pap, left the office and continued with my life. A week later Dr. Patterson called me to tell me my pap showed mild dysplasia. Ok.... What does that mean? I made a follow up appointment. Fast forward to appointment day. He basically tells me I have "PRE CANCER" and that I needed to do a biopsy. Way to be comforting... NOT! Biopsy turns to cryosurgery (cervical freezing) , wait 2-3 months, do another pap... Nothing changed! I still had PRE CANCER. Again... Biopsy, cryo... Waiting game...pap. Same result! WTF?! Never did he explain to me that my Pre CANCER was HPV . He wanted to do a leep. A leep on a 20 year old?!! Thank God my mother advised against it and had me get a second opinion. Oh did I mention he wrote me a referral to see an oncologist?!! Talk about scaring the bowels out of someone. I went to another gyn and to my surprise guess what came back normal?! My pap! Not only did this new doctor inform me that my cervix looked healthy and there was no reason to do a biopsy, BUT she also informed me at my age it is extremely common to have abnormal cells in my cervix. She was relieved that I did not do leep. A leep can make it difficult to get pregnant and it also increases your chances of miscarriage. Needless to say, I've had regular papa since I left that practice. I Work in a obgyn office as a nurse and know that I was a statistic for medical malpractice and not knowing better. This doctor should have his license taken away. He caused a lot of emotional trauma for me. Good luck if you choose him.

Best show details Best
by no name on Aug 27th, 2013

He is the best...I would highly recommend him to every women...

BEST OB/GYN EVER! show details BEST OB/GYN EVER!
Feb 18th, 2013

As a first time mom, I would highly recommend Dr. Patterson to everyone. I was scared and apprehensive as this was my first pregnancy. Dr. Patterson always took the time to explain everything to me and answered all of my questions whether it was during my appointment or in between. I had a great birthing experience and delivery as Dr. Patterson was there every step of the way, and I liked the fact that I saw only him the entire time. He explained everything that I should expect post delivery. His staff was extremely nice every visit and very helpful explaining my insurance to me and was very good at drawing my blood. He always ran on time and was always very calm and reassuring when I was worried. I would highly recommend him to anyone for Ob and Gyn care, especially first time moms.

Feb 15th, 2013

Dr. Alan Patterson and his staff were very pleasant. The staff took the time and explained my insurance benefits to me. Dr. Patterson's office ran on time, he is a solo practice which is nice because everytime I go I am guaranteed to see him. Dr. Patterson took the time and explained everything to me in detail. I am very pleased that I chose him for my OB/GYN and will refer my friends to him.

Jun 20th, 2012

Amazing doctor! Very patient in answering all my questions and very knowledgeable. Small practice, a one of a kind experience these days. Being a high risk pregnancy I would greatly recommend him.The staff was wonderful as well!

TERRIBLE! Disorganized, horrible customer service, strange folks show details TERRIBLE! Disorganized, horrible customer service, strange folks
May 8th, 2012

Never in my life have I gone to such an unfriendly, ugly, horrible office. And the doctor is a completely neurotic, strange, unhappy, odd person and we waited 2 hours and he had no other patients! This goes down as the strangest office visit I've ever experienced before in my life. Run! Don't waste your time. The other reviews are probably from his family and friends helping him.

Apr 20th, 2012

Dr. Alan Patterson was very nice and took the time to listen to every concern that I was having at the time of my appointment.The staff at Dr. Pattersons office was very helpful and went out of there way to assist me.

Wonderful Doctor!! show details Wonderful Doctor!!
Mar 25th, 2012

I have to say that find a doctor like Dr. Patterson is a hard to find these days. He spends time answering questions, and if he may seems all over the place when he's talking, it's because he constantly thinking about everything as a medical professional to give you the best advice possible. Dr Patterson became my OB with my second child because my other OB never saw me when I was pregnant with my first child. I kept seeing PA's or other doctors. I have to say when I switched to Patterson I saw him every time and that is exactly what I wanted! I had a planned c-section with my second child that went very well. Dr Patterson and the assisting surgeon did a great job with the delivery and on my incision. Dr Patterson also performed an excellent circumcision on my son (which I was worried about beforehand). Now my children are a older and I decided to have the Adiana done (tubal), and so far so good!

RUN!! show details RUN!!
Feb 15th, 2012

We got there, the door was locked. We waited over an hour and only one patient was in front of us. This guy is neurotic and was out of it. I had to point things out to him in my chart even though it was right in front of him. Like he barely glanced at the full notes. Even in the important things where it was very clearly stated. Then if you say you have one thing, he goes into a tangent about how alarming it all is. This is NOT a soothing guy; he needs to go get his own head clear to become a healthier doctor...seems scattered and very afraid of a lawsuit? it's very strange.

Apr 26th, 2011

Excellent Doctor? Very caring and always on-call for his patients.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
by Karen Evans on May 17th, 2010

I have used Dr. Patterson for 8 years. I have seen him at both of his offices in Coral Springs and Boca Raton, FL.I trust him implicitly. I now live in Miami but make the drive to his locations because of the great care he has given me in the past.

A Rare Find In Today's Medical World!!!! show details A Rare Find In Today's Medical World!!!!
by bernadette37 on May 6th, 2009

What a find to have found a doctor who is still in solo practice. Always listens intently to my questions and concerns and then responds with appropriate treatment. Any emergency phone calls after hours were always returned within minutes. I always feel confident knowing I am in the best possible hands with Dr. Patterson. I give my highest recommendations!!

Apr 13th, 2009

Knowledgeable, patient, professional, gentle

Jul 27th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Competent doctor!: Great surgeon, nice staff, plush office. Dressing rooms in the exam rooms!!!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Alan Patterson show details Alan Patterson
by Citysearch User on Jul 6th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

As a somewhat new resident to the area, I was very pleasantly surprised to find myself being offered a same day appointment in this practice...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com