A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Baer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Baer, Rheumatologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Baer
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patient Education Learn about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by reading our patient guide overview page.Before Visiting Dr. Baer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Baer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Patient Care
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Education & Awards
Dr. Baer graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Baer has 4 hospital affiliations:
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan Baer MD is a male Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. Alan Baer practice?
- Dr. Alan Baer has 4 office locations.
Dr. Alan Baer practices Internal Medicine and Rheumatology near Baltimore, MD.
See Baltimore Internists and Baltimore Rheumatologists.