A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Banks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Banks
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Banks Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Banks, FACC, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 11 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Banks graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Banks has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan K Banks FACC, FACP, and MD is a male Internist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Alan K. Banks practice?
- Dr. Alan Banks has 8 office locations.
Dr. Alan Banks practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Norfolk, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Hampton, VA and Chesapeake, VA.
See Norfolk Internists and Norfolk Cardiologists.