A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Banks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Banks, FACC, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Banks graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Banks has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Banks accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Sentara Health Plans - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 23 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- ODS Health Plans - 1 plan
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan K. Banks practice?
Dr. Alan Banks practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, and Cardiology near Norfolk, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Hampton, VA and Chesapeake, VA.
See Norfolk Internists and Norfolk Cardiologists.