A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Banks:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Banks, FACC, FACP, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Banks graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Banks has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan K Banks FACC, FACP, and MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology.
- Where does Dr. Alan K. Banks practice?
- Dr. Alan Banks has 8 office locations.
Dr. Alan Banks practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Norfolk, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Hampton, VA and Chesapeake, VA.
See Norfolk Internists and Norfolk Cardiologists.