A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. F. Alan Barber:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. F. Alan Barber, F. Alan Barber, MD FACS is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barber
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Barber Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. F. Alan Barber, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Bone Transplantation
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Postoperative Pain
- Prosthesis Failure
- Rotator Cuff Problem (Shoulder Impingement Syndrome)
- Sports Injuries
- Tendon Injuries
- Vascular Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Barber graduated from Baylor College of Medicine, Houston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Barber has 16 hospital affiliations:
- Frisco Medical Center
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. F. Alan Barber MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 38 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. F. Alan Barber practice?
- Dr. F. Alan Barber has 1 office location.
Dr. F. Alan Barber practices Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine near Plano, TX.
See Plano Surgeons and Plano Orthopedic Surgeons.