Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 15th, 2015

This guy is a quack do not go to him.

Best Orthopedic Doctor show details Best Orthopedic Doctor
Apr 23rd, 2014

I had surgery on both knees before I came to see Dr. Barber and I found out that I had an unnecessary surgery and my problem was fixable with physical therapy. I am so thankful for seeing D.r Barber. I have been to a physical therapist since I've seen him and my knees feel better than ever. I wish that all doctors were competent and knowledgeable as Dr. Barber. Thank you Dr. Barber I have my life back because of you!

Dr. Barber is the best show details Dr. Barber is the best
by LaVaughn Watts on Jun 12th, 2013

Dr. Barber treated me for knee pain that I have been dealing with for awhile. He took the time to listen to my issues, reviewed treatment options, and I felt he really cared about helping me get the issue resolved. In the end surgery was needed to fix my knee issue and his knowledge and expertise cannot be beat. I'm still in the early recovery stages but I have nothing but great things to say about my experience with Plano Orthopedics and Dr. Alan Barber. I've been to a lot of orthopedic doctors in the last 20 years for various sports injuries and I have to say Dr. Barber has been the best experience. Wait time to be seen has been excellent. Most of the time I'm back seeing Dr. Barber and his PA before my actual appointment time. Bedside Manner - Excellent, Dr. Barber and his staff make you feel like your the top priority. It's nice to have a doctor willing to sit down with you in a room and listen to you!

First Time Patient show details First Time Patient
Mar 1st, 2013

The doctor and his PA are excellent, but while there is at least one very nice, helpful person in the front office, not everyone is that way and service is inconsistent.

Oct 5th, 2012

I saw Doctor Barber, excellent experience!he explain everything and he show to me that he loves his profession and care about the patient. Is very difficult these days to find a Doctor with passion, the knowledge that he have and to care for the his patient. He make my problem easy to accept and move forward to fix it! Thanks Doctor Barber!!

Very Impressive! show details Very Impressive!
Apr 30th, 2011

I saw Dr. Barber after a very bad experience with another orthopedic surgeon, and a "messed up knee" after surgery. Dr. Barber was very caring, and answered all of my questions. He was very thorough in going over my results and gave me a good "game plan" for fixing my knee. I am very blessed to have found this wonderful surgeon to take care of me.

Terrific Doctor show details Terrific Doctor
Sep 14th, 2010

Before surgery we were told that Dr. Barber had a poor bedside manner from some friends. This could not have been more wrong. Our son had his shoulder operated on from a football injury (torn labrum) and Dr. Barber was warm, caring, considerate and helped explain the procedure to us where we could understand the process from beginning to end and what rehab entailed. Dr. Barber called us at home to see how our son was doing after surgery and his staff called a few days later to follow-up too. As far as surgeries go, this was a very good experience and our son is recovering very well and almost ready to play again. We think that Dr. Barber is great and couldn't see anyone else performing this type of surgery. I would rate him 5-stars if the system allowed it.

Apr 26th, 2010

Dr. Barber is the best! I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a shoulder specialist. He took care of my son and was great! His office staff is excellent and makes your visit very enjoyable and pleasant. Everyone is always nice and very helpful.

Very informative! show details Very informative!
by Brenda W. on Mar 16th, 2010

Dr. Barber and his staff took extra time to tell me about my knee and what needed to be done. I had all my questions answered and felt very comfortable with the visit.