Dr. F Barber Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. F Barber?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

June 14th, 2016

New Patient

Dr. F. Alan Barber was a friend's recommendation for my knee pain. From the time I called to make an appointment to the time I left the facility, my experience was awesome. How many times can you say that about a doctors office visit? In my experience, not many. The entire staff (appt., check-in, PA - Wendy, X-Ray & Dr. Barber) was courteous, professional and actually acted like I was a person, not just a new patient. They were to-the-point, honest, direct, professional yet personable . . . and a sense of humor which made my visit less stressful. If there was a star for EQ (Emotional IQ), they would get the highest rating.

March 15th, 2016

I enjoyed being serviced by Dr. Barber and his Staff in the past and future.

January 25th, 2016

Another disappointing visit, Bedside manner was the worst, I've ever been exposed to. His PA has an anger issue. I actually found Dr Schwartz, on P pkwy, he explained my entire knee situation and reccomended a 3 in one injection, orthovisk. We don't have to accept unprofessional service from a Doctor or his assistant, Wendy.

January 19th, 2016

Dr. Barber is the epitome of what a doctor should exemplify. Not only an excellent surgeon, but a very caring, friendly, intelligent man. The entire staff is excellent especially Windy, his assistant nurse. You will not find a more professionally run office. Within 30 days of surgery for a torn meniscus, followed by rehab as prescribed, I am in no pain and fully functional. Your not just a number but a name as one of Dr. Barber's patients. Therefore I highly recommend.

November 2nd, 2015

Dr Barber seems very competent. However his arrogant attitude and poor bedside manor, made me feel as though he was burnt out. His P. A. was rushed and unprofessional. Very harsh attitude. I don't care to have someone giving me knee injections, that seems angry at the world. W was uncaring and callous, maybe that trickles down from her boss.

August 18th, 2015

Knows what he is doing. Answers your questions. But it won't sit around and shoot the bull with you. Which is fine with me....just fix me up and fix me right. And he did. ACL reconstruction with meniscus repair. 1.5 years later and I'm playing basketball, hiking, etc at 36 years old.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback regarding Dr. Barber and we are happy to hear you are doing well and were satisfied with your visit and care.

August 6th, 2015

I give Dr. Barber all the credit for helping me maintain a relatively active lifestyle for the past 25 years after operating on my OCD knee in a manner that enabled prolonged stability in the affected area.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the feedback and we are so happy you're doing well for so long.

April 23rd, 2014

Best Orthopedic Doctor

I had surgery on both knees before I came to see Dr. Barber and I found out that I had an unnecessary surgery and my problem was fixable with physical therapy. I am so thankful for seeing D.r Barber. I have been to a physical therapist since I've seen him and my knees feel better than ever. I wish that all doctors were competent and knowledgeable as Dr. Barber. Thank you Dr. Barber I have my life back because of you!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your positive feedback, we are happy to hear you were pleased with your care and outcomes and hope you continue to do well.

June 12th, 2013

Dr. Barber is the best

Dr. Barber treated me for knee pain that I have been dealing with for awhile. He took the time to listen to my issues, reviewed treatment options, and I felt he really cared about helping me get the issue resolved. In the end surgery was needed to fix my knee issue and his knowledge and expertise cannot be beat. I'm still in the early recovery stages but I have nothing but great things to say about my experience with Plano Orthopedics and Dr. Alan Barber. I've been to a lot of orthopedic doctors in the last 20 years for various sports injuries and I have to say Dr. Barber has been the best experience. Wait time to be seen has been excellent. Most of the time I'm back seeing Dr. Barber and his PA before my actual appointment time. Bedside Manner - Excellent, Dr. Barber and his staff make you feel like your the top priority. It's nice to have a doctor willing to sit down with you in a room and listen to you!

Doctor's Response

We are so incredibly happy your overall experience was outstanding with Dr. Barber and Plano Orthopedic. We are happy to hear you're doing well and hope you continue to do so.

April 24th, 2013

I felt very rushed on my first visit to Dr. Barber. His PA seemed very efficient but was very hurried and didn't introduce herself before beginning what seemed to be a rote speech. Dr. Barber was pleasant but was arrogant, condescending and sexist. Surgery isn't necessary for my problem, and I'll go to physical therapy. However, I felt so angry after seeing him the first time, I'm unsure if I'll see him for a follow-up visit.

Doctor's Response

We are very sorry for your disappointing visit. I assure you that any actions that were unpleasant are currently being addressed. Thank you.

March 1st, 2013

First Time Patient

The doctor and his PA are excellent, but while there is at least one very nice, helpful person in the front office, not everyone is that way and service is inconsistent.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the honest feedback and we will certainly look into the areas in which you felt we lack. Thank you again.

October 5th, 2012

I saw Doctor Barber, excellent experience!he explain everything and he show to me that he loves his profession and care about the patient. Is very difficult these days to find a Doctor with passion, the knowledge that he have and to care for the his patient. He make my problem easy to accept and move forward to fix it! Thanks Doctor Barber!!

Doctor's Response

Happy to hear your experience was great and hope you continue to do well.