Otolaryngologists, Pediatric Specialist
8815 Germantown Ave
Ste 32
Philadelphia, PA 19118
215-248-2400
Locations and availability (5)

|  Happy Patient  |  show details
by Bob KLenk on May 14th, 2014

I find Dr. Berger a top notch doctor. He has been treating me and family members for close to 10 years now. The Willow Grove office is run very efficient and I feel my time is never wasted.

|  Great Experience  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2014

I am so glad I found Dr Berger, I highly recommend him. He is excellent at what he does, and the staff in the Chestnut Hill office are wonderful.

|  ENT  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2014

Dr. Berger is an outstanding doctor who takes the time to get to know his patients, their health history and fully evaluate how to treat their health. Dr. Berger performed a septoplasty and rhinoplasty, and I could not be more happy with the outcome of the procedure (4 months later). My nose looks wonderful, and I put myself into the hands of Dr. Berger, who cared for me and made me look wonderful! Wonderful staff as well!

|  Review of visit with Dr. Berger.  |  show details
by Thomas R. Shirley on Feb 18th, 2014

Dr. Berger is an excellent physician. I enjoy seeing him and his diagnosis was spot on and he corrected my problem.

|  Professionalism  |  show details
Feb 11th, 2014

Dr. Berger is an exceptional EMT Specialist. Have been a patient for several years and received excellent care.

|  Willow Grove Office  |  show details
by Tim Martin on Jan 14th, 2014

Dr. Berger has been my ENT Doctor for about eighteen years now. I have cholesteatoma in both of my ears and my first surgery was done by the Air Force and they just made a mess out of my ears. Dr. Berger repaired the damage and has helped to keep my ears in great shape. My daughter had sinus problems and Dr. Berger performed the surgery about 12 years ago and she has never had any problems since the surgery. Because Dr. Berger is well known there are many people seeking his advice and he can be a little short on time with you but he will answer all your questions. When it comes to surgery I hope everyone get a second opinion and get all the facts before someone puts a knife in you. You may or may not need surgery but if you do Dr. Berger is your man!

Dec 22nd, 2013

excellent doctor who made me feel secure, had surgery with him that made me all better in a day!

|  Amazing Surgeon!  |  show details
by John Latterner on Nov 19th, 2013

After 10 years plus of rarely being able to breathe out of my nose and not being able to taste food, I am cured. Dr. Alan Berger was referred to me by a past employee of Berger Henry. First off that rarely happens. One year ago I went to another ENT. Didn't feel quite comfortable and pretty much stopped the process. Best decision of my life. You don't realize how much better life can be, until two of your main senses have been restored. I will be forever grateful. Thank you Dr. Berger.

|  Get a second opinion  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2013

The friendly receptionist could not wash away the cold feeling of a production line from start to finish. After approximately a six minute consult, I was booked for surgery. Feeling uneasy, I went for a second opinion to find out everything Dr. Berger told me was wrong and unnessary. The second opinion doctor knew exactly who the "surgery happy" doctor was without me even mentioning his name.

|  Best decision made...  |  show details
by Kelly on Oct 9th, 2013

The only bad thing I can say is I wish I would have went sooner to see Dr. Berger. Since going to see him about my sinus issues I have had the needed surgery to fix my problems and have been symptom free since. The staff are always friendly and courteous and work with my schedule. Dr. Berger is great and so friendly and takes time to explain things with you. Would recommend this practice over and over.

|  Phenomenal Physician  |  show details
by Joe D'Alonzo on Oct 9th, 2013

I suffered an injury in high school which resulted in a deviated septum. Over the past 6 years, the injury worsened. This resulted in poor sleep due to snoring and lack of sufficient oxygen. Dr. Berger performed a combined septoplasty/turbinectomy to correct the issue. My snoring is now non-existent, I can take full breaths through my nose, and I am sleeping better than ever. Dr. Berger is a great physician and has dramatically improved my quality of life.

|  Assembly line  |  show details
by Eric on Sep 14th, 2013

It felt like an assembly line, too quick to reccomend surgery, not enough time talking about my problem.

|  September 04, 2013  |  show details
by Joe Stec on Sep 4th, 2013

Have been a regular patient of Dr. Alan Berger's for many years. Originally, he helped me with a radical mastoidectomy on the right side. A few additional surgeries since as well as regular debridments of the cavity have convinced me that Dr. Berger is one of the finest dosctors in the field. In addition to being a talented surgeon, he is a caring and empathetic individual providing outstanding post-op and on-going maintenance care. He listens and responds appropriately (and creatively) to current symtoms. His practice is extraordinarily well-organized. It is easy to make an appointment or coordinate a surgery with an unfailingly capable, helpful, and friendly staff. The office 'dance' is seemlessly choreographed to make everything simple for the patient end-user. I consider myself very fortunate to be under this doctor's care. With great confidence, I heartily endorse Dr. Alan Berger's ENT Specialty practice..

|  Excellent care  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2013

Dr. Berger was able to diagnose and resolve my sinus problem which had persisited for years. After exploring my options, he and his staff resolved the issue quickly and with as little discomfort as possible. Excellent care!

Jun 20th, 2013

My experience was great from start to finish with this practice. I would highly recommended them.

Oct 2nd, 2012

Unfortunately, this doctor performed unnecessary surgery and misdiagnosed my condition. He was very short during the office visits and was extremely quick with jumping on the surgery option.

|  Beyond a misdiagnosis.  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

Dr(?) Berger diagnosed my mother with TMJ and ordered her to "get a bite-plate." Afterwards she had an MRI (ordered by our ophthalmologist) that found that the parotid mass found in 2006 had returned . As it is still a waiting game trying to rule out diseases such as lymphoma we remain hopeful. We are still grateful for the ophthalmologist that took the time to listen,go through her previous scans, and be an advocate for my mother. I can only imagine the poor people that trusted Dr.Berger thinking they need nothing more than a bite-plate to solve ailments to find it was something more all along. I encourage anyone that is treated by this man to go for a second opinion on whatever it is thats bothering you.

Mar 18th, 2010

Surgery surgery thats all he is interested in