A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Berkowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Berkowitz is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Berkowitz
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Berkowitz Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Berkowitz, MD is board certified in Geriatric Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Berkowitz graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Berkowitz has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Palomar Medical Center
- Sharp Memorial Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan Berkowitz MD is a male Geriatic Psychiatrist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Alan Berkowitz practice?
- Dr. Alan Berkowitz has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Berkowitz practices Psychiatry and Geriatric Psychiatry near Encinitas, CA.
See Encinitas Psychiatrists.