Dr. Alan Berlin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 10th, 2017
Excellent Surgeon
My surgical experience with this office is very positive. Dr. Berlin is an excellent surgeon who is also kind and compassionate. The office staff are pleasant and helpful. This is a wonderful combination. I will definitely recommend Dr. Berlin and I am very pleased he performed my procedure. Thank you!

February 26th, 2016
I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT DR BERLIN...WHAT OTHER DR CONSULTS YOU IN THE ER AND THEN PERSONALLY MAKES YOU AN APPT IN HIS OFFICE? SERIOUSLY...HE ACTUALLY WROTE THE DATE AND TIME ON HIS CARD INSTEAD OF HAVING SOMEONE ELSE DO IT. I WAS ALSO VERY NERVOUS ABOUT MY PROCEDURE AND HE SPENT WAY MORE TIME THAN HE HAD TO CALMING MY FEARS. MY ONLY COMPLAINT IS THAT HE ISN'T A GP BECAUSE I WOULD GO BACK TO HIM FOR ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!

January 12th, 2016
excellent service
Dr. Berlin and his staff have taken excellent care of me. They all went out of their way to make sure my surgery and recovery were excellent.

July 25th, 2015
Way to spend a Saturday!
Dr. Berlin removed my daughter's gall bladder today at Baptist East. I was so appreciative that he came in on a Saturday so that she wouldn't have to wait in the hospital until Monday. He was courteous and spent plenty of time explaining what to expect. I look forward to her going back for her follow-up in 10 days so that he can see what a sweet girl she really is (when she's not crying in pain).

March 4th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
Excellent Surgeon!

January 8th, 2015
Very kind, patient, and good listener. Saved my life!

October 1st, 2012
He is a good doctor, however, I have spent too many hours waiting to be seen. Most people don't have all day to wait for an appointment.

September 18th, 2012
Extremely Dissatified
I had a scheduled appt to see Dr Berlin,not only did I wait over an hour,to spend appox 15 minutes talking w/him. This appoximate 15 minutes also included the time he spent answering his phone(daughter)during my appt time, a bit ironic since the paperwork I was required to sign had a statement about using phones during appt time.But worse than all of this,I was told I would be contacted in about a week w/results, its been 4 weeks & I still haven't gotten test results info yet. I called (Dr Berlin office)4 times & kept getting the run around. I was finally told today that info was lost. I then called the hospital/dept were the info was sent and was told the info was not lost, they had it and they were scheduling me for a follow-up appt.

May 30th, 2012
Great Surgeon
Dr. Berlin tells it like it is. You don't get a guessing game. He turned a very critical situation into a great recovery story. If you ever need a surgeon, he's the ONE I would recommend.

May 8th, 2012
Office staff
Office staff insisted that SS# be provided. When told that it had never been requested from any other doctor, and it was unnecessary, office staff person responded that it was required in that office.

July 20th, 2011
very good md.

June 30th, 2011
best surgeon
Dr. Berlin is an excellent surgeon. I could care less about demeanor and bedside manner. You want a good surgeon, go with Dr. Berlin. And yes, you'll have to wait to see him. Always. If you want a polite, courteous doctor, see someone who doesn't know what they're doing but is socially pleasing. You're sure to need a much longer recovery period.