Dr. Alan Berns MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 24th, 2016
Best Doctor
Dr. Berns is an exemplary psychiatrist. Cares about your well being. Works well with others on your treatment team. Encourages second opinion. Very responsive to patient.

October 30th, 2015
Down to earth, matter of fact.

September 21st, 2015
Dr. Berns and his staff are the best. Each appointment is handled with professionalism by the office staff and with excellent care by Dr. Berns. He is thorough in each exam/appointment, listens to any concerns I may have, and works to resolve them. Under Dr. Bern's continuing care, I continue to be well, happy to have found such a good psychiatrist.

September 7th, 2015
I know that because of his extensive medical training doctor Berns is the best psychiatrist I could ever ask for. He conducts himself professionally and he is straight to the point in a respectful manner. Office staff is very kind and attentive. I can recommend his practice openly and without hesitation because I am doing better, I am level and very conscious about becoming a better person.

September 2nd, 2015
Dr. Alan Berns
I have been seeing Dr. Berns for over 10 years, in those 10 years he has helped me through some of the worst times in my life. Dr. Berns is an Exceptional doctor who spends the time with you and listens while providing guidance. I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND him for his professionalism and his ethical practices. He truly cares for his patients and makes sure they are okay before walking out his door. After being Dr. Berns patient for over 10 years, I would Never see another doctor for my issues. He is a life-saver and I completely believe in him to continue being my doctor for as long as necessary. I would also like to thank his staff, they have ALWAYS been pleasant, helpful and call you to remind you of your appointments. Thank you Dr. Berns and Staff!

August 19th, 2015
great doc
I've been seeing Dr. Berns for a few years now and I am so glad my therapist recommended him. After years of not knowing what was wrong with me, I finally got an accurate diagnosis and the right meds to help me. He spends about 30 minutes with me at each visit and really talks to me about what is going on. He doesn't just push the pills. I'm really happy I found him.

May 18th, 2015
Excellent Doctor. Highly Recommend.
I have been a patient of Dr. Berns for around 10 years. I'm taking the time to write this review because I HIGHLY RECOMMEND him. He is professional, ethical, personable, intelligent, takes the time and doesn't just write you a script, checks blood pressure, orders blood work, and understands the severity of possible side effects involved with some of the drugs he prescribes. If you're looking for a Psychiatrist to be your "fifth avenue drug dealer" and just give you meds without monitoring you & your health, or asking questions then this Dr. is NOT FOR YOU! He is precise and well educated on medications & health. He starts you on a medicine with a low dose and slowly raises the dosage if need be, so if there are any negative side effects he is able to catch them before causing harm. In addition, he takes his emergency line very seriously & I am very grateful that he has returned every call I've ever made to him or his emergency line in the past 10 years within 20 minutes! He cares. After seeing how some of my friend's issues have been handled not so carefully by their psychiatrists; I am very, very grateful that years back I chose him.

March 17th, 2015
Recommend to everyone! Good communicator

May 22nd, 2014
Worker's comp patient for over 10 years.
Dr. A Berns is fantastic psychiatrist especially since I have been forced to see 2 other psychiatrists that I was not permitted to select. He is down to earth and on the cutting edge of all types of patient treatment. He clearly is not controlled by a pharmacy kickbacks and demonstrates a sincere interest to the patient's well- being and our issues. He LISTENS and acts upon the responses, and will give the patient credit for their experience of learning through trying various medications/programs He and his staff show a sincere concern for your well-being and call to make sure you are okay. I am very comfortable sitting down without holding back any feelings because he responds like a compassionate doctor should, as opposed to an assembly line of patients. His staff is very professional and follow procedure to protect you privacy, and demonstrate overall concern for their patients well-being. Wouldn't trade this office for the world!

November 16th, 2012
Awesome doctor with wonderful staff!

June 9th, 2012
My search ended when I found Dr Berns. Yours will too!
I have been a patient of Dr. Berns for 7 years now. I have driven 110 miles round trip to see him 6 of those 7 years. He is THAT outstanding in every way. I am sure most of us afflicted with mental illness have been to many Dr.'s who just write prescriptions and your out the door in minutes. You feel rushed and uncared for. Dr Berns is hands down the best I have EVER found.(I have been to many, many different Dr.'s since I was 26 yrs old. I am now 44 years old.) He takes ample time with you during each and every visit. There is no rush feeling what so ever. He listens, asks questions, and has a heart of gold. He has even called my family to try to drum up support for me. There has been many times where I felt he was the only one in my corner. He is extremely intelligent knows all the latest treatments available and even the side effects! When I walk out of his office, I feel better than when I went in. He takes in account my opinions on my treatment and listens with a caring heart.I hope anyone who is reading this is able to become a patient of Dr. Berns. It will be the best choice you could make for yourself. I surely would not have driven so far for so many years if he did not make that much of an impact on me and my recovery. I just can't say enough about this man.I will forever be grateful for Dr. Allen Berns.

May 29th, 2012
Dr. Berns found the root of my depression
I have been to many, many psychiatrists over the years and Dr. Berns is hands-down the best. He did a ONE HOUR intake on me, which is longer than any other doctor has spent getting to know me. After hearing that I had no success with antidepressants he prescribed Deplin, which is a prescription vitamin. Within days my depression lifted and I felt like myself again. Deplin is a brand-new approach to depression so that just goes to show that Dr. Berns stays really up-to-date on new medications. I can't recommend him highly enough! He is THE BEST.