Orthopaedic Surgeon

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Sep 22nd, 2014

I dislocated a hip in 2013 which was repaired by closed reduction. The following year, I had been to 2 PMR doctors and had 2 PT sessions. My pain was really quite bad, and I could not walk beyond a mile or drive a car without a lot of pain. I grew so frustrated that I turned to "Yelp" an orthopedic doctor in Michigan and read about Dr. Alan Biddinger. I drove some distance to see him. Without a doubt, he is one of the finest physicians and diagnosed my problem that first visit. He listens to you and is very Intelligent! You can tell Dr. Biddinger wants to figure out the problem that brought you to his office. You work together and this establishes trust quickly and that is important. As a patient, you feel very confident in the decisions made. I would highly recommend Dr. Alan Biddinger.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME DOCTOR! show details ABSOLUTELY AWESOME DOCTOR!
by Terry M on Aug 13th, 2014

I've been with Dr. Biddinger for over 3 years now, for a chronic shoulder problem. I can't even describe what he has done for me-he gives me 100% plus-of his time and care. He returns calls personally and immediately whenever I have had an issue. He never missed a day when I was in the hospital, coming in the am and pm! He will sit with you and listen to every concern. Dr. Biddinger has worked on my shoulders when most doctors would push you off on another doctor. He has me so spoiled, because when I go to other doctors, I tend to compare the care and time spent with me, with Dr. Biddinger. There is NO comparison! I am more than blessed to have Dr. Biddinger as my doctor along with his staff! This is the most compassionate, caring, intelligent, doctor that I will ever have!

What a sham! show details What a sham!
Dec 15th, 2013

Dr Biddinger appears like a caring and knowledgable friendly physician. In reality he misdiagnosed my situation, suggested a $175 brace which injured me more, misread my MRI (had another arthropod read it and gave me a steroid shot which immediately cleared up my condition), has a nice but incompetent office staff who has sent me a bill, the same one many times, in spite of the fact I shared cancelled checks that I had paid. Such a disappointment! Fine using another physician

Wonderful Doctor and Friend! show details Wonderful Doctor and Friend!
Nov 20th, 2013

BEST doctor ever!

I have complete trust in this highly intelliegnt doctor show details I have complete trust in this highly intelliegnt doctor
by Ronald J.M. on May 24th, 2013

Dr. Biddinger has the creativity and insight to use all his education and background in solving complex issues. Mix that with a very pleasant and inquisitive personality, His sense of human matches the rest of his talents. I consider him friend and family because he is so caring and qualified. Thanks to Dr. Biddinger for so many things. RJM

Dancing with the Stars! show details Dancing with the Stars!
by Jill Erdodi on Feb 26th, 2013

For over two years I had trouble with my legs, my knee and eventually my back. Walking around the grocery store was difficult for me, even with a cane. Dr. Biddinger was recommended to me by my family Doctor and it was determined that I try a series of injections in my knee along with some meds for the swelling. After the first week I was amazed at just being able to walk around the store without my cane. After the 2nd week, I actually put on a pair of heels and danced for the first time in two years. I had my final treatment this week and I feel like I gained 10 years of my life back. Thank you so much for helping me feel better!

Oct 19th, 2012

The BEST doctor ever! Dr. Biddinger takes his time with you, listens to your concerns and then comes up with a treatment plan. His bedside manner is exceptional! If you've been to Dr. Biddinger, then you know exactly what I'm talking about. I know that I have a doctor that really cares about me!

Best Doctor I Ever Had show details Best Doctor I Ever Had
Oct 12th, 2012

Dr, Biddinger is by fat the best dr. I have ever had. His staff is kind, and professional. He knows his field of specialty and beyond, (no bones about it),he is an excellent dr. I have been going to drs for years to stop the pain. he found the problem, and was right on.

Excellent Physician and Out-Of-The-Box Thinker show details Excellent Physician and Out-Of-The-Box Thinker
Jul 3rd, 2012

Before I comment about Dr. Biddinger, I would like to say that I normally do not take the time to comment on physicians because they tend to say the same thing and solve problems the same way. As for Dr. Biddinger, WOW! After some "frustrating" experiences with doctors to help me solve my situation, I decided to use a rating/patient comment site, such as this. It took 2 weeks to get to see Dr. Biddinger (vacation time of year), however, I believed it was a shot due to the ratings. Previously with other physicians, I had been told the same thing..."There's nothing wrong with you or you're not sick enough to diagnose". I had seen many physicians over 2 years, even Infectious Dis. at U of M. All of the physicians said that the blood work and results showed that I was healthy...and that everything was in my head. I kept asking them....Why am I responding to antibiotics then? Most of the physicians said that it was a placebo effect or they just didn't know. I was continually getting more pain and worse, so I needed to find someone that could help. I was directed by a RA physician to find an Orthop. physician. Dr. Biddinger was incredible. I brought all of my test results, paperwork and updated him on "what I thought" could be going on. I almost fell over when he actually listened and understood where I was coming from. With my background as an Engineer, I was prepared...and found out he also had an engineering degree. He's a different type of physician and solves problems in a "non-physician" typical fashion. He has more than one approach and isn't afraid to push the limits or do testing that may raise some eyebrows. To my relief, he sent me for a bone scan, which showed that I had a bone infection in my foot from an old injury. The infection was in the process of healing (he started antibiotics before the scan....just because he believed what I was telling him). He informed me that a bone infection would never raise the WBC on blood tests enough to alert any physician for infections. The hard news was this infection did spread to my elbows and other foot through my body (all of the other physicians said I had tennis elbows). I will have a long road to recovery because this infection has gone on for a long time (over 2 years) undetected. However, Dr. Biddinger was the one to solve it.....he just has a different approach and he renewed my faith in medicine. He's not an every day doctor....he was the only one to listen and made me feel like I knew what was going on in my own body, and credited me for that. Not one other Dr. did that. His patient ratings are definitely something to go by....they are definitely a good source of information to make your decisions and not waste time to get back into recovery mode. I will continue to see him....no matter how long it takes.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Anonymous on Mar 28th, 2012 on doctor.com

I wish we knew of Dr Biddinger a long time ago. He is the best doctor you will find. Kind, understanding, and takes his time. Answers all your quest ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Best Doctor Ever show details Best Doctor Ever
Mar 25th, 2012

You won't find many doctors like Dr. Biddinger. He explains everything to you-even the little stuff. He is there with you before going into OR which relieves a lot of stress. He treats his patients like family, not a number. This is the best doctor that I've ever had!

WORTH THE 1 HOUR DRIVE! show details WORTH THE 1 HOUR DRIVE!
Sep 21st, 2011

Saw Dr. Biddinger today-9/21/11 for the first time. Drove from Port Huron to Troy office to see Dr. Biddinger.He was an amazing doctor-fun, friendly and understanding. Also, very thorough! Explains things to patients, taking the time to go over X-Ray's, etc. I've seen many doctor's in my 53 years, and I can't remember when I last saw a doctor quite like Dr. Biddinger. I wish he was a family doctor, as I would be an immediate patient!

Won"t find a better Doctor or nicer guy !!!! show details Won"t find a better Doctor or nicer guy !!!!
Sep 13th, 2011

After almost a year of pain in the knee with no help from my General M.D. I decided to look for an Orthopaedic Surgeon. I had surgery in my other knee which with a Doctor I was not happy with. After internet research I decided to see DR. Biddinger and couldn't be happier with my decision. He is very caring and knowledgeable not to mention his bedside manor and sense of humor. Less than a month after seeing Dr. Biddinger I am now able to sleep through the night!! If you are looking for an outstanding Orthopaedic Surgeon this is the one !!!

Aug 26th, 2011

Dr. Biddinger is awesome!! Very caring & personable. His staff is wonderful...they are a reflection of their "employer" -caring , kind & great people!

Most Specialists Should Take Lessons! show details Most Specialists Should Take Lessons!
Jun 9th, 2011

Dr. Allan, is without doubt, one of the most pleasant and thorough doctors, you will ever be treated by. I have serious back and hip problems and general arthritic issues that we old folks, who tortured our bodies in sports and professional activities, in earlier years. Dr. Allan has helped me cope with these issues over the past five years. Shopping for a 5 Star orthopedist...Look NO further!

Mar 6th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Biddinger. He has been one of my primary care givers. He treats me for effects of the three types of arthritis that severely effect my life. HE is kind, caring, compitant, funny, intelligent, and one of the best doctors I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in my 65 years. I have been effectively treated by Dr. Biddinger for over 10 years. R. Markowicz

Letter carrier show details Letter carrier
by Anonymous on Nov 14th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Went to him for my knee he has a very nice personality and knows his job and does it with the utmost care

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
A bright man with a great bedside manner! show details A bright man with a great bedside manner!
by Christine on Jul 17th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Biddinger on recommendation of my Internist. He is a pleasure to see. He is very intelligent, always caring, funny and treats me like one of the family.

Oct 16th, 2009

Dr. Biddinger is the kindest orthopedist that I have ever met. I've been dealing with a complicated orthopedic problem and he was the only one who took the time to listen and solve the problem. He is smart and figured out what no one else could. Excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him!

Parent show details Parent
Sep 1st, 2009

Dr. Biddinger is through and complete, the first time I saw him he did work on my foot, then again for my other foot and knee and hip, sounds bad, but I play sports. Hockey and baseball. He has kept me playing! Also, when I was younger he referred me to a pediatric specialist, I respect and appreciate it! One of the many reasons our family continues to see Dr. Biddinger.

Excellent Physician! show details Excellent Physician!
Jun 17th, 2008

I have treated with Dr. Biddinger for both my shoulder and ankle. I have recommended him to family and friends.