Dr. Alan Brauer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Brauer?

August 12th, 2016

Caring knowledgeable doctor

I was a patient of Dr. Brauer for more than 10 years. He was always caring, responsive, intelligent, and creative in finding solutions. You would be l ...

August 12th, 2016

Wonderful doctor

Kind and caring doctor who is extremely knowledgeable and up to date in his field

December 18th, 2014

A very considerate doctor

Dr Brauer has been my doctor for 3 years and he is always punctual and I find him to be perfect for me. Not too much talking but if I have a point to discuss he is willing to engage.

May 15th, 2014

Excellent, Professional, Effective

Let's face it - it's hard to deal with finding a psychiatrist - and harder to find one that you can put the care of your heart and mind in - esp if you have a lifetime mood disorder. Because during that time, chances are good you're going to be angry and frustrated with everyone at some points. Including yourself. I have seen 4 psychiatrists in 20 years - and stayed with Dr Brauer for 11. Despite distinace, my often crazy schedule and highs and lows. Why? Because he and yes, his office staff - "get it" about care and treatment long term. He keeps some of the best notes I've ever seen - and can refer back to what has worked, what has not - and my own progress - yes, progress. He has made it possible for me to work, to love, to have friendships long term, to raise kids - and have a "normal" life even when it's not. As for the hard time getting appointments or charging for missed appointments - he's not alone - getting in with ANY psychiatrist esp in the Bay area is tough. There is a nationwide shortage of them. All therapists I know of have a missed appointment policy up front - and yes, actually the going rate is $50 - $75 - I've even heard up to $125. His offfice staff? Because he does spend more than the usual 15 minutes of med checks - and a 50 minute hour - are dealing with only so many hours in a week. I've done heavy calendar management for leading CEO's and C Level executives - which is about the closest you can get to people with serious demanding issues. They are exceptional and I'm surprised they haven't been recruited away. The relationship between a psychiatrist and yourself is intimate and so personal - He's on my top of the list for this lifetime journey. I love that he does not overmedicate - that he tracks diifferent combinations through the years - that he is clear about how to use and how not to use. I've seen friends have a very different experience and lose themselves altogether. I hesitate to write this review because I don't want any overload on him - but he's what psychiatrists should be - and his office staff - and yes, that does include Donna - are the best.

February 19th, 2014

Excellent doctor and staff

It's hard to believe all the cruel and inaccurate comments I've seen. I've never had anything but good experiences with this practice over the 10 years I've been a patient of this doctor.

June 8th, 2011

Lots of improvement at Dr. Brauer's practice

Wait times are very short now compared to the past, and the staff are always courteous and friendly. It is also easier to get appointments. Dr. Brauer is a very caring practitioner with a great sense of humor.

May 13th, 2011

Disgruntled patient

Quite simply, while Dr. Brauer seems to know his stuff, his wife (I think) Donna, the office manager is in my opinion a complete termagant.Because she cannot seem to deal effectively with insurance companies, she has thrown me out as a cash paying patient because she thinks my being a member of Blue Cross and Medicare can somehow create a problem for her. I checked with the insurance company, was told she was wrong, and told her of the conversation. She didn't seem to care.Her apparent power over Dr Brauer is such that I was simply dismissed, with no follow up, no reference to another practitioner, and no apology. I would NEVER recommend this practice to anyone.

February 12th, 2011

Unprofessional and uncaring health care people

Dr. Brauer and his staff are in the wrong field. His receptionist exudes an uncaring attitude towards me. His wife, Donna, the gray haired unkept and unprofessional office nurse manager, is equally uncaring. First of all, they have high expectations of their patients in that you can't be 5 or more minutes late to the office appointment of they will charge you a high price. And last year when my husband and I were unemployed and paying $2000 a monthe for medical coverage, Cobra, they could not undertand that I had missed an appointment. I believe they charged me $70. And, with this new year I have been suffering from chronic back pain and have just had two surgeries and missed another appt. They charged me $50. Unlike most doctor's and dentists' offices, etc. these people do not call their patients to remind them of their upcoming appts. Is this bordering on abuse of sick patients that have ADHD which is a disease of poor time management.I highly would not recommend this so called MD to anyone, not even my worse enemy.

July 30th, 2010

He has fallen asleep several times during our visit (he has narcolepsy. He ALWAYS runs late (usually an hour) but will still schedule an appointment if one becomes available the day he is running late. He's obsessed with my weight and applauded when I lost 15 lbs in one month- turns out I had a disease that was casing this. He never gives refills so you always have to go back every month.

July 4th, 2010

Not a good doctor

Like many psychiatrist, Dr. Brauer simply guesses and experiments. He will give the medication that you ask for and not what he think is the correct one.His receptionist is very rude.

March 12th, 2009

Dr. Brauer

Dr. Brauer is a competent in diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric illnesses. However, he is socially strange with bizarre affect and a cold, distant, overly formal touch.

January 5th, 2009

Depth of knowledge and understanding

Well-informed and up to date, Dr. Brauer is a caring practitioner who demonstrates a high degree of professional accomplishment and true depth of knowledge about his fields.