Dr. Alan Colby Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Colby?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Alan Colby?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

December 9th, 2015

Great physician and friendly staff

Best doctor that I've been to. I have visited him months since 2006. Staff is friendly and I always have positive experiences at his office.

December 3rd, 2015

It took me a long time to find a good psychiatrist

It took me a long time to find a good psychiatrist. But eventually I found Dr. Colby and I've been seeing him for over a decade. He's an intelligent guy who has a lot of common sense. As such, he's likely not for everyone. But if you can handle honesty and the responsibility of working with someone who really wants to help you, Dr. Colby might be the right person for you. Contrawise, if all you want to do is vent about your various misfortunes, and you are not truly willing to put effort into change? You may wish to find someone else.

October 1st, 2015

He saved me.

January 31st, 2014

Very Caring

Dr. Colby has been amazing in helping me back to being myself. I would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a psychiatrist that sincerely cares about his patients.

October 12th, 2011

Best Psychiatrist I've Seen (over ten years, over 10 doctors)

Dr. Colby is an intuitive and highly knowledgeable psychiatrist. I have seen over ten different doctors in ten years and he is hands down the best. His office is nice and the staff are friendly and remember me as a person and not just a patient. Billing and insurance handling is easy. But... most important is Dr. Colby's sincere desire to really help. He LISTENS! He doesn't look down at a clipboard and make guesses. He communicates and interacts in a way that makes me feel assured and in a way that provides excellent care (due to his attention to detail). He is very personable and not closed-minded like many psychiatrists I've seen. I would recommend him to anyone and I'm grateful to have come across his expertise.

January 26th, 2011

He cares. He's logical, practical and compassionate all at the same time. He assesses the patient as a whole human being.. not just a medical case. After a visit of about an hour, his diagnosis was right on. He prescribed me some medicine that sounds pretty perfect for my situation.. and I start that medicine tonight... so I'll update about that soon! I would recommend him to my family and closest friends.

November 23rd, 2009

Dr. Alan Colby Rating

Dr. Colby is a compassionate and extremely competent doctor who cares about me as a whole person and not just as a patient with specific problems. Most psychiatrists I have been to spend about 10 minutes "talking," (i.e. typing into their laptop without even looking at me) and quickly go to their prescription pads before hustling me out the door.Dr. Colby is unique in that his treatment incorporates a psychotherapeutic as well as medical approach. He is warm and deeply insightful. He has made a profound and positive impact on my journey back to health, happiness and serenity.My only "criticism" is that he often runs quite behind on his appointments, sometimes as long as 30-45 minutes. However, I accept this as part of working with a doctor who is so committed to his patients' recovery that he spends what time is needed in a session, even if it means running late. Being one of those persons with whom he has spent extra time when I have been in real need, I can live with the wait when I know another person is in a similar situation. He is worth it.

August 13th, 2009

uncaring, dismissive, quick to diagnose and give incorrect/harmful treatment.

March 1st, 2017