Dr. Alan Feldman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 21st, 2016
One of the Best
Exceptional. Tells it like it is and listens, really hears his patients.

March 3rd, 2016
One in a Million!
There are not enough great things I can say about Dr. Feldman. He is kind, compassionate, caring and is willing to spend whatever time with you that is needed. For me he turned my whole lifearound. Helped me and continues to help me deal with my issues as well as live the best life possible. Run dont walk to this doctor. Honestly, there are so few like him that really care. You will be glad you have him on your side!

February 29th, 2016
Well worth the office time wait. He will spend the time necessary with each patient, emergencies do come up from time to time. He is worth whatever inconvenience may come up.

August 27th, 2015
Wonderful person, kind and caring demeanor, expert!
Not sure, but he may no longer be accepting new patients as his offices are extremely busy w/his current caseloads. Staff is sweet, friendly, and helpful. Dr. Feldman was recommended for some baby blues postpartum but as I got to know his practice, he is very active at many hospitals and treats extremely complicated and difficult disorders. By far the best, is Dr. Feldman's bedside manner. He is sweet, kind, respectful of all of his patients. He remembers his patients without even looking at the chart. He also scans your chart after greeting you with personal details such as , "so how is your daughter? she is 2 years old now, right?" from memory. Wonderful person, kind and caring demeanor, expert in his field!

July 3rd, 2015
Overmedicates
Unbelievable how this Dr. can be fooled into overprescribing medication. This is serious and will be addressing it.

June 22nd, 2015
Been my doctor 3 yrs every since I first moved to Tampa, Florida!
ten plus

June 1st, 2015
Don't bother.
The people at his tampa office are as incompetent as they come. They overbook, and when you're sick of waiting for over 2 hours for every visit they "disengage" you from the practice. They will overcharge you and your insurance, and I didn't get my money back until I asked about it multiple times. I've been a patient of Feldman's for over 2 years and they basically told me to go find someone else because I told them their wait time was ridiculous. They treat everyone like garbage to make up for the fact they suck at their jobs and are incapable of talking to people like they are human beings. I actually feel sorry for dr Feldman because as far as doctors go, he's not that bad, but his office staff consists of a bunch of morons who went and got a medical assistant "degree" and think they own the world. All around horrible, go somewhere else!

April 12th, 2015
Dr. Feldman is a very caring person and takes the time to listen to you.

March 15th, 2015
Bad doctor
It was bad, real bad, I had to wait and wait and wait till I was called in. There were so many people in the waiting room and this doctor works till real late. So he don't care that we patients have to wait and wait and wait. It seemed like a factory. I agree with these other people.

March 2nd, 2015
He listens.

April 30th, 2014
The best psychiatrist in the area
I was truly appalled at some of the comments I have read here. I was one of Dr. Feldman's first patients in his private practice and have been seeing him averaging monthly for about 12 years. I have had chronic depression for most of my life and many psychiatrists; Dr. Feldman is by far the best. I have also worked as a licensed psychotherapist, have worked with a lot of psychiatrists, (including the WORST) and have referred my OWN patients (of whom I am very protective) to Dr. Feldman. Yes, there is sometimes a wait for appointments because Dr. Feldman spends time with his patients, especially when there is a crisis. There is nothing "factory"-like about his approach to patients at all. People who write negative ratings may not understand how the role of psychiatrists has changed over the years--psychiatrists no longer do psychotherapy, but evaluate, prescribe and oversee the administration of psychiatric medications; other qualified licensed professionals generally practice psychotherapy. Perhaps a better understanding of the role of different practitioners would help some of these raters appreciate what an unusual gem Dr. Feldman truly is in the psychiatric field.

November 12th, 2013
Rip off alert
Arrived for appointment expecting to use the credit was given, but was faced with an overcharge $25 over my specialist copay. Then the receptionist argued saying that the doctor isn't a specialist. Last time I checked psychiatry was paid as specialists. The receptionist was rude and uncaring to circumstances that made my day horrible. After this appointment I will be looking for an new doctor. This place is lucky that it doesn't get negative stars. There is absolutely not an ounce of staff accountability on billing.