A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Friedman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Friedman, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hematology-Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Wilms Tumor
Education & Awards
Dr. Friedman graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Friedman has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Howard County General Hospital
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Friedman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 4 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans