A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Mendelsohn:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Mendelsohn, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Mendelsohn, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Corneal Diseases
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Mendelsohn graduated from Northwestern University, Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mendelsohn has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Regional Hospital South
- Anne Bates Leach Eye Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mendelsohn accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 18 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 7 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 13 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 8 plans
- JMH Health Plan - 4 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Humana - 23 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 23 plans
- Anthem - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan D. Mendelsohn practice?
Dr. Alan Mendelsohn practices Ophthalmology near Hollywood, FL.
See Hollywood Ophthalmologists.