Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Concerned and Caring  |  show details
by LTS1 on Aug 30th, 2013

I am 64 years old and have been a patient of Dr. Smith's for many years. From day one Dr. Smith has ALWAYS listened to me when I go in for a problem or checkup. A good Patient/Doctor relationship is build on respect and trust. It should not be considered a Master (Patient) / Slave (Doctor) expectation just because the patient is paying for the visit. I have never seen Dr. Smith act in any way but a professional one. After his diagnosis WE discuss and decide what course of action is best for my health both near and long term. I have been very blessed to have the relationship that WE have developed over the years.

|  A real jerk.  |  show details
May 2nd, 2013

As others have said, he rants and raves when you question anything. His favorite line is: "Am I going to have trouble with you?" Best advise stat away from this maniac!

|  Great physician  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2012

I'm sixty years old and Dr. Smith is the best doctor I've ever had. He is very thorough and communicative, and he helps me understand my health problems and evaluate strategies for dealing with them.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

Dr Smith has always been excellent with me. Remember it is a two way street. You get what you put into a relationship. I document my blood pressure, glucose etc. readings and bring them to the office if I have questions about my medications. He always studies them and then WE make a decision about adjustments. A bad experience is not always the Doctor's fault.

|  Go to another Dr.  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

Went to visit him for a check up. As I waiting in the lobby, I could hear the staff gossiping about other patients. When it his time to see me,he walked into the room and was very rude.I advised him that I researched the medicine that he prescribed me and wished to ake something different. He then stated that pisses me off. Exact words!! walked out of the room and had a nurse come back into the room and state that he would refer me to another Dr. Very rude!! He seems to need anger medication. I pay him for his time, knowledge and professional advise. It's his job to explain the medication. I will never go back to him!!!

|  Acts like a spoiled two year old baby.  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2011

throws a fit when questioned about the need for some treatments. Yells, and threatens to throw you out if you don't do it his way. Does not explain treatment and does not explain medication cautions.

|  Dr.Smith is excellent  |  show details
by Jerry McKee on Mar 16th, 2010

I found Dr. Smith when I first moved to Palestine. He struck me as interested and concerned. It was his nursing staff who first discovered that I had suffered a heart attack in Aug. '08. I had an EKG and then a stress test thru the Magnolia facility. One week later I was in Tyler and I had a double bypass to remove two blocked arteries.Then man knows what he is doing.I have nothing but praise for his efforts.I am sorry one person has a bad opinion of him.

|  Hot- tempered and rude!  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2009

He changed a medication that I had been on for 14 years without informing me. I called from the pharmacy to question the reason and his office manager insisted that I did not need the information. I made another appointment with him to discuss my medications which made him very angry. He yelled that I needed to not question him or find another physician---so I did. I am not the only unhappy patient that had to go elsewere for better care!!!

|  show details
Apr 20th, 2009

I think Dr. Smith needs to have his staff overhauled.