Overall Review

3.6

November 9th, 2015
The best doctor in town
Dr. Smith is in my opinion the best doctor in Palestine. He takes the time to listen to what you have to say and doesn't automatically assume that you're an idiot when you talk to him about what YOU think might be wrong. He is very attentive and does a great job of explaining complex things to you in a way you can understand. Every time I leave his office I feel like I've learned something new and he's always been right on target with his diagnosis. When he retires he will be sorely missed.

September 10th, 2015
Dr Smith has been my Dr for 23 years. He has always been very helpful and informative about my needs and concerns regarding my health. He has always been open to intelligent questions as he is very intelligent. He has treated my children as they grew up and is now treating my grandchildren. He explains things to children on their level if they are willing to listen. He will look at them even though the parent is in the room and asked them if they have any questions. I have learned d alot from him over the years. He respects all his patients when they respect him. He does not like when someone is constantly questioning his ability because he will always refer to a specialist if he knows the problem is outside his scope of practice. He is always thorough. He is definitely like a family member to my family.

August 27th, 2015
Dr. Smith is very thourgh and takes time and listens to everything you have to say or concerned about. Yes the wait might be long but he makes sure you will be taken care of. Best I've ever been to and well worth the wait

July 29th, 2015
Excellent Doctor! If you read ANY negative reviews about this guy, don't believe them! I saw this guy for the first time today, and was very impressed with his thoroughness and professionalism. Highly recommended. Was given high remarks by the readers of the local paper.

August 30th, 2013
Concerned and Caring
I am 64 years old and have been a patient of Dr. Smith's for many years. From day one Dr. Smith has ALWAYS listened to me when I go in for a problem or checkup. A good Patient/Doctor relationship is build on respect and trust. It should not be considered a Master (Patient) / Slave (Doctor) expectation just because the patient is paying for the visit. I have never seen Dr. Smith act in any way but a professional one. After his diagnosis WE discuss and decide what course of action is best for my health both near and long term. I have been very blessed to have the relationship that WE have developed over the years.

May 2nd, 2013
A real jerk.
As others have said, he rants and raves when you question anything. His favorite line is: "Am I going to have trouble with you?" Best advise stat away from this maniac!

July 21st, 2012
Great physician
I'm sixty years old and Dr. Smith is the best doctor I've ever had. He is very thorough and communicative, and he helps me understand my health problems and evaluate strategies for dealing with them.

September 22nd, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr Smith has always been excellent with me. Remember it is a two way street. You get what you put into a relationship. I document my blood pressure, glucose etc. readings and bring them to the office if I have questions about my medications. He always studies them and then WE make a decision about adjustments. A bad experience is not always the Doctor's fault.

July 18th, 2011
Go to another Dr.
Went to visit him for a check up. As I waiting in the lobby, I could hear the staff gossiping about other patients. When it his time to see me,he walked into the room and was very rude.I advised him that I researched the medicine that he prescribed me and wished to ake something different. He then stated that pisses me off. Exact words!! walked out of the room and had a nurse come back into the room and state that he would refer me to another Dr. Very rude!! He seems to need anger medication. I pay him for his time, knowledge and professional advise. It's his job to explain the medication. I will never go back to him!!!

April 28th, 2011
Acts like a spoiled two year old baby.
throws a fit when questioned about the need for some treatments. Yells, and threatens to throw you out if you don't do it his way. Does not explain treatment and does not explain medication cautions.

March 16th, 2010
Dr.Smith is excellent
I found Dr. Smith when I first moved to Palestine. He struck me as interested and concerned. It was his nursing staff who first discovered that I had suffered a heart attack in Aug. '08. I had an EKG and then a stress test thru the Magnolia facility. One week later I was in Tyler and I had a double bypass to remove two blocked arteries.Then man knows what he is doing.I have nothing but praise for his efforts.I am sorry one person has a bad opinion of him.

July 14th, 2009
Hot- tempered and rude!
He changed a medication that I had been on for 14 years without informing me. I called from the pharmacy to question the reason and his office manager insisted that I did not need the information. I made another appointment with him to discuss my medications which made him very angry. He yelled that I needed to not question him or find another physician---so I did. I am not the only unhappy patient that had to go elsewere for better care!!!