A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Smith is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Smith
Macular Degeneration Patient Education Learn all about wet and dry macular degeneration, common symptoms and how this diease affects the eye.Before Visiting Dr. Smith Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Smith, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Perceptual Disorders
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans.
Dr. Smith has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Midland Memorial Hospital
- Alliance Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan D Smith MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Alan D. Smith practice?
- Dr. Alan Smith has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Smith practices Ophthalmology near Odessa, TX.
See Odessa Ophthalmologists.