Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Vero Beach is LUCKY to have Dr. Durkin! show details Vero Beach is LUCKY to have Dr. Durkin!
Oct 28th, 2015

I recently had a revision BA with Dr. Durkin. I must have visited his office at least half a dozen times, armed with many questions, prior to actually scheduling my procedure. They always welcomed me and my many questions, with open arms and detailed answers. This being my second time around having this procedure, I have never felt more comfortable and confident in Dr. Durkin. My previous surgery was many years back and done in Ft. Lauderdale. By a different doctor. I was never 100 percent happy. I did not have the best experience back then, (for many reasons) so needless to say I was very nervous in re to time, money and most importantly, the outcome. End result: Thank goodness I went with my gut and went for it. I could honestly not be happier. It takes a great doctor of course, but what makes Ocean Drive Plastic Surgery the best of the best, is also the staff he has by his side. They made sure I was OK every step of the way. Superb all across the board. I appreciate them all and highly recommend! :)

Breast Implant Revision by Durkin-- BEAUTIFUL. show details Breast Implant Revision by Durkin-- BEAUTIFUL.
by Angie on Sep 18th, 2015

He is so awesome! Made me feel so comfortable and unlike any other physician or office I've ever been in. He fixed my breast implants that I had gotten by another plastic surgeon in Vero that I would NOT recommend. I had one implant falling under my armpit and I could feel it. The other implant didn't fall and so it was riding up too high. My experience was like night and day compared to the other doctor!!! His staff is friendly and cheerful. He listened to me. My breasts look beautiful, symmetrical, and natural looking. I look great in or out of my clothes. And, I had little pain with Dr. Durkin as compared to my previous experience. ..I got so much more out of my consult and my post op care. He even gave me laser scar revision. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Caring Doctor show details Caring Doctor
by Angela on Jul 27th, 2015

He is more caring and knowledgeable than most doctors, very encouraging and takes time to explain everything and give all options. He makes you feel like family! He helped me make wise decisions even as a young person and included my whole family. He even changed plans on surgery day due to findings that showed a procedure to be risky . May God bless him.

Barrier Island fillers, Indian River Shores show details Barrier Island fillers, Indian River Shores
Jul 19th, 2015

A wonderful practice right here at home. I used to go down to West Palm Beach for fillers. Now I can stay on the barrier island. So convenient. I am so glad Dr. Durkin came to Indian River Shores.

Huge abdominal hernia repair show details Huge abdominal hernia repair
by Terry M on Jul 10th, 2015

Dr Durkin and his staff are the absolute tops! Dr Durkin did an a medically needed abdominal reconstruction, to repair two blown out plastic mesh repairs. The procedure required extreme skill to cut away the old mesh and repair the wall with biological mesh. Dr Durkin knows his way around the abdominal area and is highly skilled in his craft. The office staff is friendly, caring, and competent and unlike any medical staff I've encountered. Totally delightful. Besides being so skilled and competent Dr Durkin is truly a warm, friendly doctor, and a "regular guy" not a stuffy snob. Highly recommended

Breast Cancer Patient show details Breast Cancer Patient
by R.C. on May 5th, 2015

Dr Alan Durkin and his staff gave me back what breast cancer took away from me. I am so glad that I found them. I was initially referred to another plastic surgeon in Stuart, but I just felt so comfortable with Dr. Durkin when I met him that it was worth the drive to Vero Beach. I am glad that my breast reconstruction experience is over, but I am thankful to have taken the journey with Dr. Durkin and Ocean Drive Plastic Surgery.

The Best!!! show details The Best!!!
by Kathie C. Stout on Aug 18th, 2014

I was born with oversized breasts (I think). After many years of suffering with neck, back, and shoulder pain....not to mention the "summer blues rash', I was referred to Dr. Durkin by my Orthopedic Doctor. I was stunned to discover insurance would allow a breast reduction, so onward! Dr. Durkin and his staff are more than "just" a Doctor and Team of highly trained professionals. They are full of compassion, understanding, and never make you feel like a patient. The amount if respect and confidence given is understandably why I would highly recommend Dr. Durkin for any procedure. His expertise and pride in his skills are magical and precise. Dr. Alan Durkin and his wonderful team were always available with any questions or concerns I had and removed all doubt and anxiety that I was making the right choice. Kudos to the whole team! And, thank you!!!

Facelift show details Facelift
by M.R. on Jan 10th, 2014

He did an incredible job on my facelift. Natural appearing, minimal pain. Scars were gone within weeks. Such a great experience. His staff is just the best. Laura was a wonderful nurse, and Cindy was helpful at every turn.

by Patty on Jul 6th, 2013

How can a doctor and his office staff make someone feel comfortable and extremely reassured after finding out they have breast cancer? Personally, Im not quite sure.....but they do! You are a human walking in each and every time, feeling like you can breath because you're not alone. You have a professional group walking your journey with you. I think I've walked in his office once crying (my very first visit) but left feeling "good" and every time there after smiling and feeling safe. Please, if you have to see someone for breast cancer, or any chose elective surgery talk to Ocean Drive Plastic Surgery.....I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Thank you Dr Durkin and staff!!

Excellent Health Care Provider show details Excellent Health Care Provider
Oct 15th, 2012

Very knowledgeable surgeon, caring and overall great man. Helped me make a difficult decision regarding my health care. Competent, caring and a well educated staff. Staff was caring and capable of handling any situation that arises. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
Dec 3rd, 2011

Excellent consultation and surgery for a complicated skin cancer problem.

Great facelift surgeon show details Great facelift surgeon
by Anonymous on Apr 19th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Did a limited incision facelift on me. Dr. Durkin was very easy to talk to. Explained the entire process. He has a beautiful on site surgical cente ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Jan 18th, 2011

Best doctor I've ever seen. He has a wonderful bedside manner and treats you like a person and someone he cares about, not a number. I have complete trust in Doctor Durkin and would highly recommend him to others.

awesome Doctor show details awesome Doctor
Jan 5th, 2011

Dr Durkin is very personable and caring you never feel rushed. He explains everything in terms you can understand. He goes out of his way to help with any accomidations. He is an awesome person.

Great Experience show details Great Experience
Dec 18th, 2010

Dr. Durkin did my mini-facelift, and I love it. He explained the entire process, the procedure, and the recovery perfectly. Love my result.

by Cheryl Shaeffer on Jun 16th, 2010

Dr. Durkin is one of the most caring doctors that I've ever seen. He doesn't stop at just plastic surgery, he cares about everything that involves his patients. Every doctor should be like Dr. Durkin! He's the best.

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
Jun 4th, 2010

Had a mommy makeover and loving my new bod. Didnt know I could feel this young again. Worth it all!

Breath of Fresh Air show details Breath of Fresh Air
May 2nd, 2010

Really like this guy. Talented, confident, and easy to talk to. Listened to me without interrupting.

by John T. on Mar 27th, 2010

Good doctor. Took his time. Sense of humor put me at ease

A Gem show details A Gem
by Michael on Aug 23rd, 2009

I was really scared about going to see a plastic surgeon, but Dr. Durkin immediately put me at ease with his kind manner, and willingness to listen. Very intelligent, was able to explain the surgical procedure and its options in plain language. Just a great guy. After he fixed my problem, I let him operate on my daughter. Both of us are amazed at the results. Full recommendation.