A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Irwin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Irwin, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Irwin graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington.
Dr. Irwin has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Fletcher Allen Health Care
- Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Irwin accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield - 23 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 7 plans
- Fidelis Care - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont - 8 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan E. Irwin practice?
Dr. Alan Irwin practices Ophthalmology near Burlington, VT.
See Burlington Ophthalmologists.