A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Irwin:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Irwin
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Irwin Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Irwin, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
Education & Awards
Dr. Irwin graduated from University of Vermont, Burlington.
Dr. Irwin has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Fletcher Allen Health Care
- Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan Emory Irwin MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Alan E. Irwin practice?
- Dr. Alan Irwin has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Irwin practices Ophthalmology near Burlington, VT.
See Burlington Ophthalmologists.