A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Barker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Barker
Allergic Asthma Patient Education Read the Vitals patient education guide to learn all about allergic asthma causes, symptoms and treatments.Before Visiting Dr. Barker Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Barker, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Critical Care
- Lung Cancer
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- alpha 1-Antitrypsin Deficiency
Education & Awards
Dr. Barker graduated from University of Missouri at Columbia.
Dr. Barker has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Albany General Hospital
- Oregon Health Science University
- OHSU Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan Freund Barker MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Alan F. Barker practice?
- Dr. Alan Barker has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Barker practices Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, and Critical Care Medicine near Portland, OR.
See Portland Internists, Portland Pulmonologists, and Portland Critical Care Practitioners.