A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Barker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Barker, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Critical Care
- Lung Cancer
- Obstructive Lung Diseases
- alpha 1-Antitrypsin Deficiency
Education & Awards
Dr. Barker graduated from University of Missouri at Columbia.
Dr. Barker has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Albany General Hospital
- Oregon Health Science University
- OHSU Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Barker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Providence Health Plan - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 4 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan