A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Farwell:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 1 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Farwell is Poor.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Farwell, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology and Metabolism.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Thyroid Cancer
- Thyroid Diseases
- Thyroid Gland Removal (Thyroidectomy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Farwell graduated from University of Massachusetts, Worcester. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Farwell has 4 hospital affiliations:
- U Mass Memorial Med Ctr - Memorial Campus
- Milford-Whitinsville Regional Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Farwell accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 9 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 15 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Evercare - 4 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan P. Farwell practice?
Dr. Alan Farwell practices Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, and Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism near Boston, MA.
Additional practice locations include: Worcester, MA.
See Boston Internists and Boston Endocrinologists.