Dr. Alan Fetterman MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

September 1st, 2015
Dr Fetterman is an excellent diagnostician and a very caring doctor. He still visits his patients when they are inpatients in the hospital which most doctors no longer do.

November 26th, 2014
Avoid at all costs
It's particularly frightening that Dr. Fetterman practices geriatric medicine, because geriatric patients are particularly vulnerable. He was my grandfather's attending physician for the past few months and failed to notice substantial weight gain and leg swelling that (we later found, thanks to a competent doctor) gave evidence of both congestive heart failure and a problem with my grandfather's prescription medication. My grandfather ended up being hospitalized the Sunday before Thanksgiving. That week, Dr. Fetterman refused to return calls about my grandfather's condition, including to my grandfather's designated health care proxies. The day before Thanksgiving, without notifying a single family member, Dr. Fetterman authorized the release of my grandfather despite the fact that he had changed his prescribed medication that very morning. Standard practice would be to hold a man in his 90s suffering from congestive heart failure, dehydration, and dementia for at least 24 hours to monitor for the medication's effects, but I assume Dr. Fetterman was in a big rush to beat the Thanksgiving traffic and couldn't be bothered with a small detail like that. His lack of professionalism and concern for his patients is shocking.

July 2nd, 2010
Excellent doctor
Unexpectedly, I recently spent 9 days in ICU with severe pnuemonia and was under Dr. Fetterman's care the entire time. He was very professional, checked on me several times a day and took the time to explain my test results and course of treatment in detail. He was never in a rush and answered all of my questions honestly and directly. He is a very genuine and caring doctor and is well respected by the hospital staff and by the other doctors in the ICU and the emergency room.

January 8th, 2010
Caring Doctor
My husband has been with Dr Fetterman for 10 years. He has spent more time with him even calling us at 9p.m. to tell us about blood work done early in the day.He always had a bag of tools to overcome my husbands many medical problems, which prolonged my husbands life.I never found him rude. He was always smiling and is one hard working doctor

January 27th, 2009
rude uncaring manner
Yelling at patient when she brought up the fact that the symptoms continue: "I've heard this before!". Unability to determine that the case exceeds his qualifications. Consistently discouraging the patient from seeking appointments with specialists. Displaying his anger to the patient with the obvious intention to intimidate. Complete lack of interest in the patient's condition, diagnosis, progmosis. I have never encountered a doctor this rude before. The Nurse on staff is really good (Yolanda) - a stark contrast to this doctor's attitude.

March 26th, 2017