Dr. Alan Fligiel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Fligiel?

Acne

Acne

Have you seen Dr. Alan Fligiel?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 20th, 2015

Inattentive and not concerned

I would not recommend going here. I have been suffering from an incredibly skin rash for MONTHS and did not have any success in curing it with Dr. Fligiel. After doing a skin biopsy (which I had to request the results of, he did not immediately hand them over) we determined that I was having an allergic reaction to something. It should be noted that I had to have a family, who is a licensed nurse, remove my single stitch early because I was so uncomfortable after the biopsy and she was appalled at how poorly it was done. I had also explained that I'd swapped all of my soaps/detergents to sensitive skin brand and was using the two prescribed creams as recommended with no results. Ultimately he told me I was allergic to "something" and there was nothing else he could do for me. He didn't offer to try other prescriptions, didn't even make any further suggestions about how I could narrow down what the allergen could be. His only suggestion was that there was a "patch" test that they COULD do, but he didn't have any in his office and I was basically left to figure out the situation on my own. I was extremely disappointed in how little he seemed to care about my issue and discomfort. I understand that he is not an allergist and therefore he couldn't tell me exactly what I was allergic too, but it would have nice to see a bit more sincerity and sympathy for my constant discomfort. It appeared to me that he realized I was only worth a limited amount of money and therefore he didn't feel the need to continue to provide further assistance since he wasn't going to make anything off of my condition.

May 17th, 2011

Exactly what I ask for in a doctor.

Doctor Fligiel has been my dermatologist since I was about 7 years old and I'm currently 21. I broke out with a rare skin disease when I was just a child and Dr. Fligiel was the only doctor who took the time to biopsy and get all the proper information for me. My results were sent to UofM. He then helped a distressed kid and her parents sort through many creams that were "too greasy" or "too smelly" to find the one medication that cleared my skin up and that I as a picky kid could handle. He would later deal with many flare ups, acne and my fear over moles that I thought were cancerous(which he assured me were not). He's writes a lot of notes, so he can really look at your history to find your diagnosis. I don't know why this would be problematic. He has never led me wrong and has always reassured me. He is the only doctor that it willing to spend a lot of time with his patients to insure a proper diagnosis and will solve your problem.

May 25th, 2010

The Butcher

Dear readers, As a child I had chronic acne, I chose to visit Dr. Alan Fligiel. Dr. Fligiel gave me retin-a. I used the retin-a and other various creams, it cleared up my acne, but caused extremely dry skin, so dry it was painful. Dr. fligiel did not inform me of this side effect. My skin was flaky, red, and painful for about 5 years. I know have occassional acne, but it is not dry like that anymore, thank God. So all in all, he got rid of my acne but caused a bigger problem, my skin was more of an eye sore after all of his visits which were about 150 dollars for each of them. I swore to never go back to a dermatologist again. But I was stupid and went back again about 10 years later at the age of 25. I noticed my hair started falling out, I assumed it was from stress. I was mid way through nursing school. Once I graduated and the stress was decreased, it was still falling out. So, I quit dying my hair, quit using heat and products all together on it and switched to a sulfate free shampoo. It seemed to slow the process but didnt stop it completley. So against all my better judgement, I made an appointment with Dr. Fligiel. I waited in the waiting room for about a half hour, standard waiting time and in the exam room about a half hour, typical still. Dr. fligiel came in I explained my problem and also that my skin is very sensitive and I break out in rashes on my arms and chest frequently. Dr. Fligiel literally sat there without saying a word and wrote the dead sea scrolls. He sat there and wrote for about 30 minutes without a word to me. He then glanced at my hair and told me to use rogaine, that I had female patterend baldness, no skin scrap or anything, just a 25 second look. He then wrote again for 15 minutes. Then he literally, hand to God, took the pen cap from his pen (which looked like he chewed on it and it was really old) held it to my arm and stated, "I am going scratch you with this really hard, I am more than likely going to draw blood". I said, "what!!!.. before I had a chance to say no, he dug the cap into my arm vertically two times as hard as he could, he drew blood. He then said, "Lets see how your skin reacts to that". Im no doctor but COME ON ofcourse it is going to look inflamed and swell up, it is a dirty chewed up gross pen cap that you just dragged through my skin, I would be srprised if it didnt cause some sort of reaction. He then wrote again for 25 minutes, without a word. He then looked at my arm after about 25 minutes and said yep you have allergies and prescribed me a medication that I already take for my allergies. I told him I alreday take this, didnt you read my sheet, oh well then your doing what you should be doing he said, then he wroe some more. I left his office with nos scripts, no tests, no further knowledge of why my hair is falling out, nof urther knowldege of why I have been getting rashes, an inflammed bloody arm and a bill for 125 dollars. I beg of you, do not go and see this doctor, he has no idea what he is doing and could have given me an infection.

April 6th, 2016