Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
 |  show details
Nov 14th, 2013

What a horrible uncompassionate doctor. The WORST experience I have ever had. Almost left in the middle of my appointment in tears. You have been warned. DO NOT GO TO DR. ALAN GALITZ!!

|  Bad Vibe!  |  show details
by Sarah on Aug 21st, 2010

Yak, yak, yak. Shut up and listen!

|  Rations or Withholds Your Care to Save Kaiser Money - Avoid Dr. Alan M. Galitz  |  show details
by Anonymous on Mar 19th, 2010 on doctorsdig.com

Dr. Galitz is a minimalist and he doesn't care what his patient thinks, wants, or feels she needs. He will deliver the minimum amount of care ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
 |  I have never had a more disappointing doctor patient relationship than I had as a patient of Dr. Alan M. Galitz.  |  show details
by D.B. on Mar 12th, 2010

In 2002 I had severe knee pain and could hardly walk. Because I was under age 40, Dr. Galitz would only take and x-ray and would only send me to "group" knee therapy (in the middle of the work day). He refused an MRI (quote "It's just an expensive pretty picture that won't tell me anything I can't see on the x-ray") or anything to further investigate my injury. Fortunately, it was open enrollment season (November 2002) so I switched out of Kaiser to a PPO. I saw a new M.D. two months later when my new insurance was in force, and the new doctor ordered an MRI which clearly revealed major damage in my knee. Two surgeries were successfully performed; microfracture and meniscus repair.Seven years later in 2010 I returned to Kaiser due to a change in insurance plans available. Their system naturally reassigned me to Dr. Galitz. I made an appointment with Dr. Galitz for a physical but wanted to let him know my prior experience before we began and let him know I'd like to avoid this kind of mistake in the future. I tried to explain what happened, even attempted to show him my MRI radiology report and pictures of the inside of my knee. Incredibly, hed have none of that. Dr. Alan M. Galitz defended his decision and even questioned whether my surgery was necessary. He is uninterested in facts that don't support his conclusions, unconcerned with patient's concerns, and generally uncaring. I have found him arrogant and closed-minded even after giving him a second chance to be my primary physician. Therefore I have replaced him and taken the time to share my story with you.