Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Meant to give one star only show details Meant to give one star only
Jun 6th, 2016

This is to update the previous review that should have had 1 star not 4. After waiting for nearly an hour ( 30 minutes in office waiting room and 25 in exam room) the doctor came in. He didn't introduce himself( my mother was a new patient)or even apologize for running late. Staff never said I'm sorry when I asked ifthey had forgotten about us when we were waiting. Checking out we waited and never an I'm sorry for the wait or thank you .

Jun 6th, 2016

Waited for 50 minutes , my mom 84 years old. New patient. Doctor didn't apologize for running late or even introduce himself. A little snobby. When checking out , waited while girl on phone for about 5 minutes , no apology at all. Not very friendly or good customer service. My mom so gracious and thanked them, they didn't seem to care. Will not go back

No Follow Up show details No Follow Up
Mar 2nd, 2016

I traveled to Ellijay from Canton (about an hour) for a second opinion. A PA or NP checked the area of my complaint, and although he said he did not see anything, asked me to sign for release of my pathology report from my original dermatologist. I signed it, did not hear back. I waited about two months, called them and a very nice woman said she could not find my release, sent me another, i faxed it back immediately and have never hear back AGAIN. Just saying..someone dropped the ball...That was my experience with Gardner.

great visit show details great visit
by Michael Turner on Jan 28th, 2016

I had some issues with a skin tag near my eye. Went into the practice to have it removed. While at the office, Dr. Gardner advised that it would be a good idea to schedule a body check. Glad I did. I had not had a body check in a while and spend a good amount of time in the sun. I had a few spots frozen and now know what changes to be aware of.

Great practice show details Great practice
by Elizabeth Michaels on Nov 23rd, 2015

Great staff. Was greeted as soon as I walked in the door. The doctor was knowledgeable. I will be back if I have another skin issue.

Money Hungry show details Money Hungry
Oct 23rd, 2015

I went to Dr. Gardner, because he was close, to check on a mole. He tested it and said it was pre cancerous Melanoma and did surgery right away. He then he found two more that were the same that also needed to be surgically removed. Then I found out 2 acquaintances saw him with the same results and I don' t think that was a coincidence. My husband accompanied me to one of the surgeries and while it took place the doctor just kept trying to get him to come in for an appointment. The third surgery I had, they threw away the portion that was to be tested by the lab and I had to point that out to them so they could remove it from the trash. I switched doctors and haven't had any problems since. I truly feel that he was searching for anything to keep me in and paying him money.

Jun 18th, 2015

Brilliant Medical Doctor. Talented surgeon. A miracle worker. Gifted photographer. He is clearly the best of the best. A rare genius.

DO NOT GO TO GARDNER! Save yourself Time and Money! show details DO NOT GO TO GARDNER! Save yourself Time and Money!
by Taylor on Jun 5th, 2015

DO NOT GO TO GARDNER DERMATOLOGY! Save yourself the time and the money! I had to go back twice for the same thing and it was never even fixed after being told I would not need another visit. Now I have spent over $250 for two completely useless visits. Not to mention, I had to wait for a long time even with an appointment. Save yourself time and a lot of money, go someplace else. Unless you are the kind of person that likes to make multiple visits and pay a fortune for absolutely nothing.

Doing something different than what I scheduled show details Doing something different than what I scheduled
May 1st, 2015

I went to see Dr. Gardner because there were a couple of hard spots on my neck that had were just irritating to me. Dr. Gardner said that he was going to biopsy the spots. He said that he did not think that it was cancer, but just wanted to make sure. I incurred a bill from the pathologist and a bill from Dr. Gardner. I went for another visit because nothing was done to rid the spots. During this visit, Dr. Gardner had the PA to give me an injection and scrape one of the areas. The other area, he told me that he was freezing and I should be able to peel it off. The area is still rough and still looks bad. The area that was scraped is still dark. I was also told by the person that made the appointment, that I would not incur a charge for this visit. It was just for them to see what they could do. I was charged for a visit. I will never visit again.

by Ashley Johnson on Feb 13th, 2015

Horrible experience staff was rude the PA mike was rude as well never again I would go to Family dermatology befor this wacky practice again.

Great caring staff and doctor show details Great caring staff and doctor
Mar 24th, 2014

Had the Liquid facelift and am absolutely thrilled with it. I look years younger and could not have asked for a better experience. Having had a not so great experience elsewhere, I was really nervous and the staff here and Dr. Gardner took such good care of me. Love them and will definitely go back.

Great show details Great
by Susan Wilson on Dec 12th, 2013

Warm, understanding and friendly. Educated me and fixed my skin.

Great Dermatologist show details Great Dermatologist
Nov 4th, 2013

I was very happy with my visit to Dr. Gardner. He listened to me, answered all my questions and gave me treatment options. His staff was very friendly.

Jul 8th, 2013

this has to be the rudest staff I have ever encountered. I tried to make an appointment for my child but they wouldn't accept his insurance so I wanted to pay cash which they said could not be done because it's considered insurance fraud. so tell me how do I get an appointment for my child. seems to be a pretty simple question yet I was hung up on three times tried to call back multiple times and was hung up on. because they can't answer that simple question how do I get an appointment for my child whom has insurance that is not accepted and not pay cash

Apr 17th, 2013

I was very impressed with Dr. Gardner's office. I was experiencing an issue with my toenail (as gross as that sounds) and was seen by the PA (Mike Kelleher). He was extremely nice and explained all the options available for treatment. I decided that I wanted the nail removed and he was able to perform the removal at the time of the appointment. The removal was (almost) painless, but he did a very good job and was very attentive. I have recommended this practice to my friends.

Total waste of money show details Total waste of money
Oct 30th, 2012

I went to Alan Gardener for diagnosis of itching on my skin. He charged me more than $800 on tests and etc. and did not find anything. My problem is not resolved and he charged $800 for nothing. He made me wait for 30 minutes and did not spend 5 minutes with me. Even if my insurance and funds paid all the bills, is office still is sending the bills, and now I have to spend time talking to insurance company and his office to settle it. Word of advice, avoid at all costs!!

worst doctor in the world... show details worst doctor in the world...
Mar 21st, 2012

i've never seen such worst doctor any where.if we take an appointement we have to wait for atleast an hour.waste of time and money.he dint do the apt treatment to me. he started doing from basic treatment.its been 6months but my problem isn't cured. its worser than before,thus making me frustrated when ever i see 'em... please do not visit this doctor....really waste of your time and money.enter the hospital at your own riskk...he wont listen to you..donot consider your opinion. this doctor is nightmare for me....

Gardner Dermatology and MedSpa are fabulous and professional in every way. show details Gardner Dermatology and MedSpa are fabulous and professional in every way.
Jan 17th, 2011

I have 100% found my dermatologist FINALLY! My years of trying to achieve sun kissed skin are starting to show my wear and tear, and I could not find a doctor who seemed knowledgeable on both the health of my skin and the cosmetic issues I wanted to address. Many of the doctors I saw before Gardner were like pushy Botox salesmen. Dr. Gardner was great! I am so happy my endless search for the right dermatologist is over. Dr. Gardner is amazing. He did a skin cancer screening to check for anything suspicious, was quick to find 3 abnormal moles, 2 of which turned out to be pre cancerous and are now removed. I also asked about laser treatments or chemical peels for sun damage and spoke with Jill in Gardner's medical spa. She was patient and spent a lot of time with me going through each procedure and the benefits. I never felt pressured, rushed or like I was being given a sales pitch like I have at other spas. Purchased a brightening cream, scheduled a peel and can't believe the results. Wish I would have found them sooner and not thrown away money on useless products and facials that didn't work. I am so happy to have found Gardner Dermatology and MedSpa.

A life saver show details A life saver
by Laura on May 7th, 2010

I went to Dr. Gardener for some anti-aging. I got the Radiesse (sp) filler and love the results. I took my daughter for acne and the removal of a cyst on her back. The doctor saw some weird moles. My daughter had the moles removed. One of them was precancerous. I did a lot of research before selecting Dr. Gardner. His staff is excellent and professional. He is incredibly thorough.

The PA at this office is excellent show details The PA at this office is excellent
by Shawn Marcus on Mar 7th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Gardner a few times and he is very good. However, after seeing his PA, TJ Chao, I am sold on the practice. TJ is as solid as they come. He was as highly educated as any physician I have met in the past and had the best bed side manner of any health care provider that I have dealt with. I would highly recommend you see him if Dr. Gardner is too busy. You will do better with him than seeing another Dermatologist.

Amazing Dermatologist show details Amazing Dermatologist
Nov 3rd, 2009

Loved the doctor, treated my issues, personable and caring staff, will definitely be back.