Dermatologist (skin)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore. Kudzu. Yahoo.
 |  Great caring staff and doctor  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2014

Had the Liquid facelift and am absolutely thrilled with it. I look years younger and could not have asked for a better experience. Having had a not so great experience elsewhere, I was really nervous and the staff here and Dr. Gardner took such good care of me. Love them and will definitely go back.

|  Great  |  show details
by Susan Wilson on Dec 12th, 2013

Warm, understanding and friendly. Educated me and fixed my skin.

|  Great Dermatologist  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2013

I was very happy with my visit to Dr. Gardner. He listened to me, answered all my questions and gave me treatment options. His staff was very friendly.

Jul 8th, 2013

this has to be the rudest staff I have ever encountered. I tried to make an appointment for my child but they wouldn't accept his insurance so I wanted to pay cash which they said could not be done because it's considered insurance fraud. so tell me how do I get an appointment for my child. seems to be a pretty simple question yet I was hung up on three times tried to call back multiple times and was hung up on. because they can't answer that simple question how do I get an appointment for my child whom has insurance that is not accepted and not pay cash

Apr 17th, 2013

I was very impressed with Dr. Gardner's office. I was experiencing an issue with my toenail (as gross as that sounds) and was seen by the PA (Mike Kelleher). He was extremely nice and explained all the options available for treatment. I decided that I wanted the nail removed and he was able to perform the removal at the time of the appointment. The removal was (almost) painless, but he did a very good job and was very attentive. I have recommended this practice to my friends.

|  Total waste of money  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

I went to Alan Gardener for diagnosis of itching on my skin. He charged me more than $800 on tests and etc. and did not find anything. My problem is not resolved and he charged $800 for nothing. He made me wait for 30 minutes and did not spend 5 minutes with me. Even if my insurance and funds paid all the bills, is office still is sending the bills, and now I have to spend time talking to insurance company and his office to settle it. Word of advice, avoid at all costs!!

|  Disappointed!  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2012

I am ridiculously angry at the Gardner Medical Spa as of this morning. I forked out a load of cash for laser tattoo removal at their clinic that was extremely ineffective and left me with huge, bloody gaping wounds that I had to cover with bandages for 2 weeks after each session. The nurse was always worried about scarring, too, because it just looked so awful. I just paid half of what I did at the Gardner Medical Spa somewhere else and received WAY better care. Included in the much lower price was free numbing cream (Gardner wants 50$ for it even if you pay a lot for just the laser) and salve, and the doctor herself took care of me. Their machine is also an Alexandrite machine, yet of a different, much more effective sort. My tattoo, after one session at the new place, looks astoundingly different and I was told not to expect to bleed everywhere and no bandages are necessary. I am so disappointed in the Gardner Medical Spa. I feel like it was a rip off of my money and a waste of my time. They should consider investing in a machine that brings results!

|  worst doctor in the world...  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2012

i've never seen such worst doctor any where.if we take an appointement we have to wait for atleast an hour.waste of time and money.he dint do the apt treatment to me. he started doing from basic treatment.its been 6months but my problem isn't cured. its worser than before,thus making me frustrated when ever i see 'em... please do not visit this doctor....really waste of your time and money.enter the hospital at your own riskk...he wont listen to you..donot consider your opinion. this doctor is nightmare for me....

|  Hands Down The Best Med Spa  |  show details
by 86753oh9 at Citysearch on Aug 18th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I always have the best experiences at Gardner Med Spa. Jill is extremely knowledgeable and genuinely cares about each person having a wonderful experience at the spa. She`s been more than patient with my unending questions about skincare. She really takes her time to explain what is happening with my skin and is always easy to talk with. Because of her I now have glowing skin! I`ve been to many med spas and wouldn`t trust anyone other than Jill and Gardner Med Spa.

|  Gardner Dermatology MedSpa  |  show details
by Charlestonbelle at Citysearch on Mar 12th, 2011 on citysearch.com

A friend and I had the Hyperbaric Oxygen Facial and the Zero Gravity Spa Pedicure today and both were incredible! Thank you to the 2 incredible young women who provided these services, Jillian Barron & Lauren - they did an exceptional job! Both my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed the facials and the pedicure and would highly recommend both. We will definitely come back for both these services and additional services as well. A first class, top rated Med Spa that treats their customers like royalty, while providing necessary and beneficial treatmentsservices. I have people constantly ask me why my skin looks so good - and so young - well because of Gardner Dermatology & Med Spa and the products they recommendcarry. Thank you again.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Gardner Dermatology and MedSpa are fabulous and professional in every way.  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

I have 100% found my dermatologist FINALLY! My years of trying to achieve sun kissed skin are starting to show my wear and tear, and I could not find a doctor who seemed knowledgeable on both the health of my skin and the cosmetic issues I wanted to address. Many of the doctors I saw before Gardner were like pushy Botox salesmen. Dr. Gardner was great! I am so happy my endless search for the right dermatologist is over. Dr. Gardner is amazing. He did a skin cancer screening to check for anything suspicious, was quick to find 3 abnormal moles, 2 of which turned out to be pre cancerous and are now removed. I also asked about laser treatments or chemical peels for sun damage and spoke with Jill in Gardner's medical spa. She was patient and spent a lot of time with me going through each procedure and the benefits. I never felt pressured, rushed or like I was being given a sales pitch like I have at other spas. Purchased a brightening cream, scheduled a peel and can't believe the results. Wish I would have found them sooner and not thrown away money on useless products and facials that didn't work. I am so happy to have found Gardner Dermatology and MedSpa.

|  Gardner Dermatology and Medspa is FIRST CLASS  |  show details
by Debp at Citysearch on Oct 8th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I have had the privledge of being a patient of Dr. Gardner`s for the last couple of years and can`t say enough about the care I have received. The beautifly appointed office reflects an upscale practice. The down to earth friendy and compentant staff make one feel very comfortable. Dr. Gardner has a real concern for his patients and is truely the expert in General Dermatology and Cosmetic proceedures supported by the most knowledgable staff in the Med Spa. I was unaware of the proceedures offered and the cutting edge treatments available until I recently read their \"Menue of Services\". After having a proceedure to have my earlobes repaired and a few treatments in the Med Spa, I am a FAN FOR LIFE!

|  A life saver  |  show details
by Laura on May 7th, 2010

I went to Dr. Gardener for some anti-aging. I got the Radiesse (sp) filler and love the results. I took my daughter for acne and the removal of a cyst on her back. The doctor saw some weird moles. My daughter had the moles removed. One of them was precancerous. I did a lot of research before selecting Dr. Gardner. His staff is excellent and professional. He is incredibly thorough.

|  The PA at this office is excellent  |  show details
by Shawn Marcus on Mar 7th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Gardner a few times and he is very good. However, after seeing his PA, TJ Chao, I am sold on the practice. TJ is as solid as they come. He was as highly educated as any physician I have met in the past and had the best bed side manner of any health care provider that I have dealt with. I would highly recommend you see him if Dr. Gardner is too busy. You will do better with him than seeing another Dermatologist.

|  Amazing Dermatologist  |  show details
Nov 3rd, 2009

Loved the doctor, treated my issues, personable and caring staff, will definitely be back.

|  Top Notch Dermatologist  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 24th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

The office was very busy, and the wait was longer than I expected, but worth it. Dr. Gardner was great, answered all my questions, and was f...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Good for emergency situations, but...  |  show details
by march7583 on Aug 13th, 2009 on kudzu.com

The website is great, but not so much for the clinic. It is dirty, cluttered, & not what I expected for a dermatology clinic. Dr. Gardner does seem a bit rushed (the clinic is busy) and I also agree that he is not very personable, but he certainly aided in the diagnosis of my skin issue. His front receptionist freaked me out from the very beginning, and I just knew that I was not going to have the best experience here.

|  Great skin care  |  show details
by beachchick on Jun 18th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Gardner's for many years. He has always been pleasant and informative re treatment options. He is conservative in his administration of botox, etc. thus providing the patient with a naturally fresh look. The med spa and their staff is also the best. Facilities need updating but since relocation to new space is occurring in near term they have understandably not gone forward with redecorating current office. I consider Dr. Gardner a friend as well as respected professional in his field.

|  Gardner Dermatology and med spa, great experience  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jun 16th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Latest cutting edge of anti aging treatments, great staff, prices, and procedures. I had a great experience, and am extremely pleased. Love ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
by teemb on Jun 15th, 2009 on citysearch.com

This is the best kept secret in atlanta. so glad i found this med spa! they are amazing, cleared up my skin before a major photo shoot, and saved me hundreds on what another spa quoted me. have had miserable experiences at places ITP that are supposed to

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  great dermatologist  |  show details
by lalad2 on Jun 15th, 2009 on kudzu.com

after trying another well known dermatologist, i am glad to have found dr gardner. his office is extremely busy, but staff was personable, knowledgeable, and made me feel comfortable. also, it did not take me 2-3 weeks to get in like some others. i can tell he is busy, but answered all my questions and i felt like i was in good hands. they found a skin cancer on me that the other doctor did not catch so i am grateful. will definitely recommend.

|  Mediocre  |  show details
by erick7302 on May 1st, 2009 on kudzu.com

Gardner seems knowledgeable, but he is often busy and rushed. I usually have to wait for close to an hour to see him, even first thing in the morning. The office is surprisingly dirty, so I'd avoid this place for anything surgical, but for topical treatments or diagnosis he's good as long as you don't mind waiting.

by mmoore1331 on Mar 12th, 2009 on citysearch.com

Thanks to Gardner Derm, I finally got what I paid for. I was ripped off by a laser place i heard about on the radio. I purchased a hair removal package there, spent a lot of money, and it didn't work. They told me I could keep coming, but nothing ever got

|  Too Busy  |  show details
by possum06 on Jan 3rd, 2009 on kudzu.com

I've been treated by Dr. Gardner eight times in 2008 and he doesn't remember me. He always seems in a hurry. He spreads treatments out over several visits, more money or too many patients? His work and knowledge is excellent, but taking time, listening, and doing thorough examinations is just not there.

by ab1171 on Jul 10th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I recently moved to Atlanta from Manhattan and a co-worker recommended Gardner Dermatology's medical spa for my microdermabrasion treatments. I was pleasantly surprised by the treatments because the spa I used to go to charged me $170 for a microdermabras

Feb 20th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr Gardner has the best bed side manner of any physician I have ever experienced. He is efficient but takes the time to listen to me.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  I used to go here...  |  show details
by justjan on Aug 13th, 2007 on kudzu.com

During my last visit, I had a list of approximately 6 items to discuss w/ Dr. Gardner. He addressed 4 of the items, and said "that's enough for today" and left the room. A young "intern", heard this and saw the shock on my face. He asked what are the other 2 items? I had several keratoses that needed to be frozen, so this young man did it. I was shocked by Dr. Gardner's comment. Did he expect me to make a second appointment and pay another $40 co-pay? That comment bothered me so much, that I found another dermatologist (and I had been a long-term patient over several years...).

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  a place to go  |  show details
by radioguy on Sep 29th, 2006 on kudzu.com

A knowledgeable and pleasant dermatologist - would definately recommend to my friends.

Sep 29th, 2006 on yahoo.com

great clinic!: Had a dermatologist in Sandy Springs for years, but finally got tired of navigating 285. He was very good - that was the only reason I kept going back. Happy to report that Doctor Gardner and staff are every bit as good and much closer to h

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  Very knowledgable  |  show details
by gadis2 on Nov 1st, 2005 on kudzu.com

Dr. Gardner is a very knowledgeable dermatologist. When I needed to see one, I asked around and a lot of people mentioned his name. He does live up to his reputation. However, I did find him not as personable despite the superb knowledge he has.