Dr. Alan Garely Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Alan Garely?

Overrated

Posted on October 16th, 2017

Dr. Garely thinks highly of himself, but I do not agree. I had two operations, but my condition has not improved. He only recommends surgery or medication and cannot remember what he said the patient on the previous visit.

Great surgeon

Posted on October 11th, 2017

Dr. Garely is a brilliant surgeon, which I was told by my gynecologist and is now confirmed by my experience. He performed what seemed like very complicated surgery for prolapse and I was surprised by how quickly I recovered. I also like his compassionate and very straightforward way of communicating.

PHENOMENAL!

Posted on August 17th, 2017

After needing to have a hysterectomy (performed by another suregon due to my extreme pain caused by endometriosis) , I began to have on and off sharp pain, along with lingering pain in the clittoral area. I was referred to Dr Garely. After several diagnostic tests, the cause of my condition remained a mystery. He did not stop until he figured out a way to give me relief. For 12 weeks, I underwent in office treatments, similar to accupuncture. His PA Ms Adrien worked well with me, even when I was bit irritable. I would trust him to take care of anyone that needed help. I am most appreciative and grateful for his drive to help patients. I am writing this review a full 2 years after treatment and so far I have not had any complaints!

Skilled and insightful , topnotch care and surgery

Posted on January 5th, 2017

When contemplating surgery for uterine prolapse, my gynecologist recommended that I meet with Dr. Garely for a second opinion: She views him as a “doctor’s doctor” because of his track record in repairing the botched surgeries of other doctors, particularly those involving the inappropriate use of surgical mesh. I shared the first surgeon’s recommendations with Dr. Garely, who noted that he thought the original doctor was highly capable. But he said that in my case he would opt for abdominal surgery that would take half the time of the laparoscopic/ robotic surgery.. and noted that given my own history, abdominal surgery was a better choice. I ended up using him for my surgery, which he did 3 weeks ago. In advance of the surgery Dr. Garely explained his approach in great detail. I made a follow up appointment for him to meet with me and with my husband to review our questions. He was incredibly responsive. (In addition he’s a delightful human being.) My husband and I felt very reassured and confident about the approach Dr. Garely was taking. In addition, given my own history of a previous surgery from 30 years earlier, he insisted on bringing also having a colorectal surgeon as part of the team. This “multi-disciplinary” approach is state of the art in uro-gynocology, and when I mentioned it to my gynecologist she was thrilled. Dr. Garely is deeply knowledgeable and skilled. His surgical team is solid and devoted to him. His surgical techniques were cutting edge ( so to speak) —for example, administering trans-abdominal nerve block at the end of the surgery to alleviate discomfort. I was scheduled to stay over night in the hospital and 26 hours after the surgery I walked – with ease- to the elevator, down some stairs, too, and was able to be much more mobile than I anticipated. After three weeks I am back at my desk and working with ease, although not back to yoga and swimming for 2 more weeks. Dr. Garely’s operates at Mt. Sinai in Manhattan several days a month. His main office is in Valley Stream (Long Island), but he sees patients in Manhattan once a week. His staff is excellent and couldn’t have been more helpful. His surgical team is devoted to him – I discussed this with the surgeon who came to my room the next morning to follow up. The only negative is the long wait time on the day of an appointment (at least in Manhattan, where Dr. Garely has minimal administrative support). The upside is that once he sees you, he gives you full attention and I have never felt rushed. If I had to do it over I would certainly go back to Dr. Garely.

The best

Posted on August 24th, 2016

Dr. Garley is one of the best doctors I have been to in my life. knowledgeable and friendly. he takes the time to put you at ease. he answers every question. he does not rush you. my surgery went on without a hitch. Dr. Garley is so thorough he found a small spot on my bladder. he was not working on that organ but took the time to observe the entire area. because of his observance he headed off a possible battle with cancer. I recommend this doctor and his staff 1000%. Kudos for a great job. he also works out of Valley Stream on Long Island. I also must say that South Nassau Communities Hospital was excellent. they treated me and my family with respect and took care of my every need.

Posted on August 6th, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Garely if you need Pelvic Reconstruction Surgery. I had a cystocele and rectocele repair as well as a hysterectomy and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I recovered. There was some discomfort in the first few days post-op but there was no pain and I recovered quickly. I had the surgery at Mt. Sinai and the care I received there was also exceptional. The entire experience was very positive.

Posted on July 11th, 2016

Don't wait any longer, make an appointment with Dr. Garely He and his entire staff and extended staff, from his nurse to the hospital pre and post op, are so kind, caring and professional. This helps make a very nerve wracking decision much easier and Dr. Garely is the best in his field. I wish I had done it years ago. YOu won't be disappointed.

Posted on July 6th, 2016

Dr. Garely was terrific in all counts!

Posted on June 15th, 2016

I was referred to Dr Garely by my primary care physician and I had no idea that I was operated by one of the best and most skilled surgeons in the business until my post op visit. Unfortunately (and this is the only negative thing I have to say about the practice) I had to wait for 2 hours at the waiting room to be seen so I got to chat with 4 of his patients. Two of them had had multiple unsuccessful surgeries before and were thrilled about the outcome and thankful to have finally been able to find the doctor who fixed their issues. I was happy too that I was able to get my fix in one shot! Zero post op pain, zero side effects from surgery and, after 6 weeks, back to my routine with no more leaks. As far as my experience at doctor's office and hospital (aside from the longest wait time) I can only say good things. Everyone involved (staff, assistants, medical team and of course, Dr Garely) was very caring and attentive throughout the entire process. Thank you for making me feel 20 years old again and I'll make sure I send my friends your way if they ever need it!

Posted on April 20th, 2016

Thank you, thank you, I am so happy with the surgery you did to prevent leakage. I feel calmer and cleaner. It was exactly what was described and I was very well taken care of. The staff was totally professional and caring. The office is well run and clean. The staff seem happy and well appreciated.I will be recommending Dr. Garely to my friends and family!

Great as long as it all goes well.

Posted on March 22nd, 2016

Initially I thought I hit the lottery with Dr. Garely. Kind & caring, but if things go wrong...then the problems start. He could never remember what treatments he tried already on me. I found that incredibly annoying! He was unable to help me after the surgery...wish I never did it! Biggest mistake of my life and the next 9 months also trying different things to help. Looking for another Dr. to see if they might be able to help me. Shame things went this way, because I do think he truly cares.

Doctor's Response

For a surgeon, nothing is worse than when a patient doesn't have an optimal outcome. Unfortunately, pelvic reconstructive surgery does not have a 100% success rate. When someone removes an appendix or a tonsil, it's out and that's that. With pelvic surgery, things have to look right and work right. Most of the time this goes well, but for many patients, a cure is not possible. I don't know this patient's case specifically because it is anonymous. I readily accept that not all of my patients have optimal outcomes. In those cases, I will do anything and everything to try to help, including referral to another doctor. Unhappy patients are not the norm in our practice. We care more than you can imagine.

Posted on December 16th, 2015

Dr. Garely is really the tops in this field. i recommend him highly. his staff is terrific too. thank you.