Surgeons
North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
221 Jericho Tpke
Syosset, NY 11791
516-496-2752
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Don't go to Dr Geiss  |  show details
by Still Obese on Mar 26th, 2014

I did everything to the letter. I've gone back to the office after my band frequently as instructed. My weight loss is only a few pounds. Talking to the other patients in the waiting room, this is typical. When I ask what the problem is, Dr Geiss or his assistants blames me. Dr. Geiss blames everyone apparently except his lousy technique and lousy procedure. Read up on the real long term results of the lap band before you go for this. The long term results are terrible and there are many serious complications that mount up as time passes and will likely result in the band having to be removed.

by D Kenny on Feb 13th, 2013

OUTSTANDING

|  LOVE THIS GROUP!!  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

As a patient I can honestly say Dr.Geiss and his staff are wonderful.Very organized,great bedside manner from the doctor and his nurses. Frontdesk staff make you feel so at ease when making appts. Lisa R who is responsible for getting required auth's and is FANTASTIC! Communication is KEY and this office nailed it! Syosset hsp has the most friendliest staff. Dr. Geiss is in a good place. So glad my doctor referred me!

|  Nice Dr. But!!  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Nice Dr. Found that his staff let me down. Office staff as in front desk are very nice. The Head PA not so nice. Would have been nice to have spent more the five mins talking to a PA that cared. Hard to talk to them when they have not had the op or just want you out as time is money.My copay is $40.00 each time and each time I spend only a few minutes with them and no fill not even a look at the port.I have not been back in awhile and no one from the office ever called to ask why or to she how I was or why I had not come back. Feel like I'm just a ATM to them. Looking for a new Dr that will have time for me and one that I will see each time I go for a visit.Dr. Geiss was very nice but you never see him after the op not even on your first post op visit!!!Still think he is a very good Dr. no one can take that from him... Just wish we could see him.

Jul 2nd, 2012

Outstanding! Doctor Geiss, staff and hospital!

Jun 28th, 2012

Dr. Geiss maybe a good doctor but it appears he is not much of a PERSON if he CANNOT add you to his list of SUCCESS.My wife and I went to see Dr. Geiss March 2012 to inquire about the lap band.After HAVING reports sent to Dr. Geiss office on past surgeries my wife has had, Dr. Geiss apparently decided she would not be a good canidate "WHICH HE FAILED TO TELL THE PATIENT until he LEFT HER A VOICE MAIL" on June 22, 2012 in which he claimed to have SPOKEN WITH HER HUSBAND ON APRIL 15, 2012 (a Sunday).My wife had been in constant contact with his office from March to June 2012, to ensure all the doctors she was required to see submitted their finding. This included seeing a nutritionist and a psychologist in his office June 2012. NOT ONCE DID ANYONE IN HIS OFFICE INFORM NY WIFE Dr. Geiss HAD DETERMINED SHE WAS NOT A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR THIS SURGERY.When I called Dr. Geiss he insisted he had spoken to me her husband (why not talk to the patient or if not available request to have the patient call him?). I accompanied my sife to every appointment, paid multiple co-payments but according to Dr. Geiss I choose not to inform my by wife of a conversation he insists he had with me on a Sunday in April.PLEAE KEEP THIS IN MIND BEFORE MAKING A DECISION.

|  Go to a DIFFERENT surgeon  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2011

Dr. Geiss runs a bariatric surgery FACTORY. He brings in as many patients as possible, and then passes them off to his staff, post-op.Success has gone to his head, and thus, he does not admit to errors. He is an egomaniac who simply does not have time for patients's questions/concerns!