Dr. Alan Geiss MD Patient Reviews

• Bariatric Medicine Syosset, NY

3.3

April 6th, 2015
He's great when u see him for the consult. Then you'll only see the PA, but now you can't even see them. Dr is no loner seeing patients, not his PA, no reason given.

December 29th, 2014
great place
great office. always prompt and willing to go the extra mile.

March 26th, 2014
Don't go to Dr Geiss
I did everything to the letter. I've gone back to the office after my band frequently as instructed. My weight loss is only a few pounds. Talking to the other patients in the waiting room, this is typical. When I ask what the problem is, Dr Geiss or his assistants blames me. Dr. Geiss blames everyone apparently except his lousy technique and lousy procedure. Read up on the real long term results of the lap band before you go for this. The long term results are terrible and there are many serious complications that mount up as time passes and will likely result in the band having to be removed.

February 13th, 2013
OUTSTANDING

August 8th, 2012
LOVE THIS GROUP!!
As a patient I can honestly say Dr.Geiss and his staff are wonderful.Very organized,great bedside manner from the doctor and his nurses. Frontdesk staff make you feel so at ease when making appts. Lisa R who is responsible for getting required auth's and is FANTASTIC! Communication is KEY and this office nailed it! Syosset hsp has the most friendliest staff. Dr. Geiss is in a good place. So glad my doctor referred me!

July 10th, 2012
Nice Dr. But!!
Nice Dr. Found that his staff let me down. Office staff as in front desk are very nice. The Head PA not so nice. Would have been nice to have spent more the five mins talking to a PA that cared. Hard to talk to them when they have not had the op or just want you out as time is money.My copay is $40.00 each time and each time I spend only a few minutes with them and no fill not even a look at the port.I have not been back in awhile and no one from the office ever called to ask why or to she how I was or why I had not come back. Feel like I'm just a ATM to them. Looking for a new Dr that will have time for me and one that I will see each time I go for a visit.Dr. Geiss was very nice but you never see him after the op not even on your first post op visit!!!Still think he is a very good Dr. no one can take that from him... Just wish we could see him.

July 2nd, 2012
Outstanding! Doctor Geiss, staff and hospital!

August 20th, 2011
Go to a DIFFERENT surgeon
Dr. Geiss runs a bariatric surgery FACTORY. He brings in as many patients as possible, and then passes them off to his staff, post-op.Success has gone to his head, and thus, he does not admit to errors. He is an egomaniac who simply does not have time for patients's questions/concerns!

Health Guides