Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Outdated and uninterested show details Outdated and uninterested
by Lora Slade on Nov 26th, 2013

I've been seen by Dr. Gruenfeldt for over 10 years. I am a type 1 diabetic and he does not listen to anything, he does not thoroughly check things. I have had 3 recent problems with Dr. Gruenfeldt, he made a mistake on insulin I needed and called in the wrong one, I had a diabetic episode where my husband and I though I was dieing. Another recent mistake was he had prescribed me depicote for bipolar and proceeded to ask me who prescribed it to me and that I shouldn't be on it, when he was the one to prescribe me it. Along with that he never informed me to get my liver checked (every 6 months) which is what you are supposed to do if on depicote, I later found this out from another doctor. Dr. Gruenfeldt also told me to see a psychiatrist for my bipolar but never gave me a referral which again I found out from another doctor he is supposed to do, he also told me there was nothing he could do for my bipolar and he would not see me for bipolar anymore.

Distracted show details Distracted
Jun 22nd, 2012

Dr Gruenfeldt sometimes forgets that we are there either because we are ill or we are concerned for our health. He seems to want to fill the time with chit-chat about vacations and does not encourage conversation about health and medical issues. He could improve his practice 100% by just asking his patients if they have any other question or concerns.

Branch Manager's Assistant show details Branch Manager's Assistant
by Dawn Barron on Oct 2nd, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Gruenefeldt for almost 10 years. He is a wonderful doctor. He takes the time to ask about my life and what I've got going on. He asks about my property, my animals, my family and friends, my work, etc. and then he leans back and listens to what I have to say. He asks lots of questions about my reason for the office visit and my symptoms, and then he's able to make a good diagnosis. His staff is so pleasant and professional and an absolute delight. My job has relocated me to Roseville, but I still travel back to Auburn to see Dr. Gruenefeldt. I also have friends that see Dr. Gruenefeldt and they adore him as much as I do. I highly recommend Dr. Gruenefeldt to anyone that is looking for a new doctor.Sincerely, Dawn Barron