A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Matsumoto:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Matsumoto is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Matsumoto
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Matsumoto Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Matsumoto, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Endovascular Stent Grafts
- False Aneurysm
- Interventional Radiography
- Mesenteric Vascular Occlusion
- Pathologic Constriction
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Vascular Disease
- Vascular Malformations
Education & Awards
Dr. Matsumoto graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Matsumoto has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Virginia Medical Center
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan H Matsumoto MD is a male Internist, has 31 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- Where does Dr. Alan H. Matsumoto practice?
- Dr. Alan Matsumoto has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Matsumoto practices Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Internists and Charlottesville Radiologists.