Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Alan Matsumoto
Dr. Alan Matsumoto, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Charlottesville, VA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology, Internal Medicine and Vascular and Interventional Radiology. Dr. Matsumoto is affiliated with University of Virginia Medical Center, Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center and UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital. Dr. Matsumoto has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Alan Matsumoto has the following 4 specialties
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize...
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose...
Dr. Alan Matsumoto is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlottesville, VA.
Dr. Eduard De Lange
Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology
Charlottesville, VA 0 mi40
Dr. Vincent Covelli
Internal Medicine, Residency
Charlottesville, VA 0 mi
Dr. Paul Targonski
Charlottesville, VA 0 mi21