A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Matsumoto:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Matsumoto is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Matsumoto
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Matsumoto Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Matsumoto, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
- Arterial Occlusive Diseases
- Arteriovenous Fistula
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Endovascular Stent Grafts
- False Aneurysm
- Interventional Radiography
- Mesenteric Vascular Occlusion
- Pathologic Constriction
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy
- Peripheral Vascular Diseases (Peripheral Artery Disease)
- Vascular Disease
- Vascular Malformations
Education & Awards
Dr. Matsumoto graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Matsumoto has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Virginia Medical Center
- UVA HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital
- Kluge Children's Rehabilitation Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan H Matsumoto MD is a male Internist, has 32 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology.
- Where does Dr. Alan H. Matsumoto practice?
- Dr. Alan Matsumoto has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Matsumoto practices Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Radiology, and Vascular & Interventional Radiology near Charlottesville, VA.
See Charlottesville Internists and Charlottesville Radiologists.