Dr. Alan Harmatz MD Patient Reviews

• Plastic Surgery Lewiston, ME

July 18th, 2016
Dr. Hamatz is an excellent Plastic Surgeon. I have been with him a number of years for both elective and non-elective surgery. His skills are excellent and I would highly recommend him.

October 21st, 2015
Misdiagnosis cost me $ and 5 additional surgeries in one year. Now I am left with a mis-shapen, ugly chest. All he said at my last appointment was, "well, they could be bigger, at least they're not smaller" I was never interested in size, just a normal look, which I'll never have. My other doctor's have even remarked on how surprised they were that the results are so uneven, and asked if I wanted a second opinion.

May 20th, 2015
Great doctor and gentle man
Dr. Harmatz is one of the most gentle doctors I've ever had. I experienced a breast implant rupture from a fall. He was very skilled at putting in new implants and I felt really safe with him. One of the new implants leaked and he fought with the company to get me a new one AND made sure that I did not have to pay for the OR, anesthesia and he did not charge me a fee. How often does that happen?

August 18th, 2013
BOTCHED SURGERY, SLOPPY SURGEON
I was 36 years old and went to Alan Harmatz for, what I was told by several medical people, was a fairly straight forward procedure. I had a small section of skin that had "tethered" in my neck from a thyroidectomy. He BOTCHED it. Not only is the scar much larger and now very visible (was not before) but it didn't heal right. His response "well this happens." Shortly after my surgery I find out he moved to Lewiston. I would NOT recommend him for any surgery. Sloppy.

January 5th, 2011
Excellent result of hand surgery
I had something embedded in an index finger near a joint, a sensitive area. Dr. Harmatz recommended and performed a surgical removal, a nearly painless process. I found Dr. Harmatz to be careful, thorough and pleasant. He kept me informed of options before surgery, and progress during the procedure. I had an excellent outcome.

December 17th, 2010
I found it so hard to meet with him. I was frequently bumped and rescheduled. When I did make it in to see me, he was polite and thorough, but I always felt rushed. He was in and out so quickly.

October 16th, 2010
Find someone else
My experience with this Dr. was horrible to say the least! To call him a BUTCHER is nailing it on the head! I was just 21 years old when I had my reduction. Not only do I have scars in places where there should be NOTHING, but it took me a year to heal because the stitches dissolved before I actually healed! I was offered a corrective surgery at MY expence. My breasts completely fell apart! I battled infections, bandages, etc. for a year and couldn't care for my own children. Please....if you know what is god for you, look into other doctors who will care for you properly and not slice and dice for the shear pleasure of it! Thanks to Dr. Allen Harmatz I am ashamed of my body, and have to total distrust in the medical profession!

September 4th, 2009
Dr. Alan Harmatz = BUTCHER
Be very cautious with this Surgeon. He is a butcher. Office staff extremely rood. Called with my emergency with no reponse, winded up in the ER!! Even then, this office didn't care. WATCH OUT!! They will not take reponsibilty or accountability for there mistakes. Staff did not WASH HANDS, or keep to healthy standard sterilization practices. I was LIED TOO, They tried to cover it up, then when they learned I had to go to the ER and another Doctor was outraged by Dr. HARMATZ's BUTCHERING,and this office's irresponsible attitude, they wouldn't even return my calls. Talked to the office Manager, who said, "WRITE US A LETTER!!!