Dr. Alan Hecht MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 4th, 2016
Outstanding cardiologist
Outstanding, thorough and compassionate. Spends a great deal of time with his patience. The very best there is.

January 11th, 2015
Doc needs to learn more about Women's health
I think this doc may be great for men but he needs to learn more about women. I was having premature ventricular contractions and I did a lot of research on reasons why they might be happening. It corresponded to my monthly hormonal cycle. When I expressed this to him he was very dismissive and told me to stop trying to find a reason, and just learn to live with it and my only option was beta blockers if it really bothered me. I finally went to a well known female cardiologist who specialized in women and when I mentioned my thoughts to her she said " of course--the heart is very sensitive to hormonal fluctuations and said beta blockers was a last resort and that some people find relief with magnesium supplements which I had heard about and it helped greatly.

July 8th, 2014
OUTSTANDING CARDIOLOGIST
Remarkable cardiologist. Takes the time yo give a thorough and comprehensive exam. And a really nice physician. HIghly recommended.

March 19th, 2012
He's always professional and incredibly patient. Never had a doctor explain things to me so completely. He and everyone in his office always put me at ease. Never saw a doctor so caring.

August 25th, 2011
He'll Grow on You if Not Immediately.....
I wasn't sure at first since he seemed a bit detached but over time he has proven to be quite compassionate and very thorough, HIs assistants, both, are excellent and help you feel like you're in good hands.

October 21st, 2010
Long Time Patient thinks he is Great
The doctor balances kindness and firmness as needed. He seemed concerned as he followed up with personal calls and hospital visits. He gave me a kick when I needed it. He even politely dealt with my nosy relatives when I was admitted for a week.

September 23rd, 2009
Great cardiologist
Great doctor who's highly experienced, very smart, and know's what he's doing. Highly respected.

July 9th, 2008
He's nothing short of a genius diagnostician. A very caring doctor who is extraordinarily thorough, giving his patients lots of time. He is also a lovely person. I moved from Manhattan to Florida and miss him very much.

January 17th, 2008
Excellent cardiologist but speaks too fast. Difficult to absorb and comprehend all the information on the spot unless you interrupt him and ask questions.