A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Heldman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Heldman is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Restenosis
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Heldman graduated from University of Alabama at Birmingham. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Heldman has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Cedars Medical Center
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Heldman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 7 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Alan W. Heldman practice?
Dr. Alan Heldman practices Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology near Miami, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Baltimore, MD and Plantation, FL.
See Miami Internists and Miami Cardiologists.