Dr. Alan Hirahara, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
Video profile

Sucks show details Sucks
by Matthew on May 29th, 2014

This doctor sucks. the whoole time i was here, he was playing league WTF

Shoulder Surgery show details Shoulder Surgery
by Brad on Aug 26th, 2013

He is very quick minded so I suppose some people would find it difficult to communicate with him, as the conversation will leave you in the dust if you are unable to process information as fast as he does. I found him to be very willing to listen to you as long as you have something relevant to say. I like that he is straight forward, tells it like it is, runs down the list of options available and then let's you decide what is going to work best for you. He is also connected to the rehab and makes sure you have a good plan in place. He repaired my shoulder and I have full strength and flexibility. It should say a lot that I'm going back to him for a meniscus repair.

Return to baseball show details Return to baseball
Jun 1st, 2012

Great doctor. Listened well and quickly got tests and information to get diagnosis. Had guided PRP injection into shoulder and after rehab returned to playing varsity baeball and college scholarship pain free. After months of pain,and unsuccessful treatments with negative effect on sport and activities, was thrilled to get to Dr Hirahara with his knowledge and understanding of throwing athletes. Would highly recommend.

Fabulous Technical Skills show details Fabulous Technical Skills
Feb 8th, 2011

Have received PRP injections for one shoulder and arthroscopic surgery on the other shoulder. I would regard both procedures to be hugely successful. I agree that bedside manner is sometimes a bit lacking, however, his surgical skills are excellent. I am willing to tolerate a little coldness in favor of a phenomenal outcome. I would highly recommend this surgeon.

Jan 1st, 2011

Does not care at all about his patients. Has too many to give them the care they deserve. Missed a critical diagnosis of a Sac State Athlete that may have cost her her last year and could care less. Should not be in medicine at all. No bedside manner or feelings at all and not able to hold himself accountable.

Nov 12th, 2009

Dr. Hirahara has done and ACL for my son, shoulder for my Dad and just did a menicus for me. All great results. He does not sugar coat anything. Great doctor