Dr. Alan Hirahara MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 1st, 2016
Dr. Hirahara great ortho doc
I like Dr. H a lot, he knows his stuff. Unfortunately he doesn't do knee replacement. No nonsense kind of doctor. Only problem I've found is he thinks and talks so fast sometimes you feel left out.

January 26th, 2016
I like the doctor just fine, but my beef is that every time I make an appointment, I'm asked to change it for the doctor. Why is that the doctor thinks his time is more important than mine?

August 26th, 2013
Shoulder Surgery
He is very quick minded so I suppose some people would find it difficult to communicate with him, as the conversation will leave you in the dust if you are unable to process information as fast as he does. I found him to be very willing to listen to you as long as you have something relevant to say. I like that he is straight forward, tells it like it is, runs down the list of options available and then let's you decide what is going to work best for you. He is also connected to the rehab and makes sure you have a good plan in place. He repaired my shoulder and I have full strength and flexibility. It should say a lot that I'm going back to him for a meniscus repair.

June 1st, 2012
Return to baseball
Great doctor. Listened well and quickly got tests and information to get diagnosis. Had guided PRP injection into shoulder and after rehab returned to playing varsity baeball and college scholarship pain free. After months of pain,and unsuccessful treatments with negative effect on sport and activities, was thrilled to get to Dr Hirahara with his knowledge and understanding of throwing athletes. Would highly recommend.

February 8th, 2011
Fabulous Technical Skills
Have received PRP injections for one shoulder and arthroscopic surgery on the other shoulder. I would regard both procedures to be hugely successful. I agree that bedside manner is sometimes a bit lacking, however, his surgical skills are excellent. I am willing to tolerate a little coldness in favor of a phenomenal outcome. I would highly recommend this surgeon.

January 1st, 2011
Does not care at all about his patients. Has too many to give them the care they deserve. Missed a critical diagnosis of a Sac State Athlete that may have cost her her last year and could care less. Should not be in medicine at all. No bedside manner or feelings at all and not able to hold himself accountable.

November 12th, 2009
Dr. Hirahara has done and ACL for my son, shoulder for my Dad and just did a menicus for me. All great results. He does not sugar coat anything. Great doctor