A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Birnbaum:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Alan Birnbaum is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Birnbaum
Fibromyalgia Patient Education Learn all about Fibromyalgia, common symptoms and pain disorders related to this condition with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Birnbaum Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Osteoarthritis of the Knee
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Education & Awards
Dr. Birnbaum graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago.
Dr. Birnbaum has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Saint Joseph'S Regional Medical Ctr
- Memorial Hospital Of South Bend
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Alan J Birnbaum MD is a male Rheumatologist, has 25 years of experience and practices in Rheumatology.
- Where does Dr. Alan J. Birnbaum practice?
- Dr. Alan Birnbaum has 1 office location.
Dr. Alan Birnbaum practices Rheumatology near South Bend, IN.
See South Bend Rheumatologists.