Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones), Pediatricians
Endocrine Clinc Cp
5659 S Rex Rd
Memphis, TN 38119
901-763-3636
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  useless  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2013

My husband is diabetic; he had been going to Alan Cohen for nearly 3 years and had complained about severe stomach pain since 2011. Cohen just shrugged it off and referred him back to Paul Katz who had simply doubled metformin and gave him omeprazole for 'acid' stomach. Cohen as an endocrinologist SHOULD have seen a red flag when the blood sugar tests did not respond well and SHOULD have ordered more tests, but nothing was done. In 2012, after frequent calls about stomach pain, he finally saw my husband again. "Oh, your body is not making any insulin!" He gave us a 'pen' to self inject insulin, spent about 8- 10 minutes saying how well it all wold work for us, "You'll be fine now!" and then he was gone. ONE DAY later, my husband was in emergency room. He was in hospital for nearly a week, I called Cohen's office and told them, but no calls or anything from Cohen. Still no meds offered for the severe pain my husband had in his stomach. A week earlier, my husband had gone to his PCP, Paul Katz, who refused to give any pain meds until we went to a gastro doctor. That one, Kruble, would not even look at my husband who had nearly passed out in the waiting room. So the staff WHEELED my husband to his car, as he seemed about to faint, and let him DRIVE himself home. Imagine! Then Back to Cohen, who did the above, then, after the hospital time, we went back to Katz. FINALLY he said we would do a CT scan. Then we knew - the worst news. So all these 'doctors' are negligent, uncaring, missed every risk factor and red flag that anyone could see on the internet, and now my husband has no chance unless a miracle happens.

by T. Griffith on Aug 6th, 2010

Dr. Cohen has been my sister's MD for many years. He is unbelievable in zeroing in on issues and is right on EVERY time when he offers solutions/makes adjustments. Highly recommend to anyone looking for the best!

May 5th, 2010

What a GREAT doctor. My son has many physical and mental disabilties along with his endocrine problems. Dr Cohen has been so wonderful and caring. I love that if I have any questions, he will take the extra time to answer them. And sometimes even draw you a picture! Thanks Dr.Cohen! You're the best.

|  My Experience-Great doctor in the beginning...not so great when you are a long term patient.  |  show details
May 24th, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Cohen's since 1999 when I was diagnosed and treated for thyroid cancer. Over the past ten years he has tested my blood levels and provided me prescrip. refills for thyroid hormone. Recently, I have had other problems arise (diagnosed with osteopenia I am only 38 yrs. old, gastroperisis, dermatitis, and various other problems that indicate I may likely now have other endocrine issues at the root of these conditions)Therefore my internal med. doc and other doctors have referred me back to Dr. Cohen to investigate. During my last visit he laughed at me and my other phycisans for even suggesting I should have him look into the problems. He conducted some bloodwork in order to "pacify" me although not thorough enough to distinguish adrenal fatigue only enough to rule out Addison's disease and the like. In the beginning Dr. Cohen was great as the years pass he seems to be more interested in providing thyroid hormone refills to me and does not take me or my medical problems seriously although they have affected my life to the point I am now on disability. I was not only disappointed by the lack of concern but hurt as well since I have been a long time patient of his and have never had any issues like these until the past year and a half or so. It is important that doctors realize that as their patients go through life and age that medical conditions may arise and their patients should be taken seriously and treated with respect.

Feb 1st, 2009

The BEST doctor I have ever been to!

Nov 4th, 2008

Dr. Cohen is a wonderful Dr. My son was Dx a year and a half ago and I do not know what I would do without him being there to help us. Thanks so mich Dr Cohen.