Dr. Alan Gottlieb MD Patient Reviews

3.8

September 23rd, 2016
Not very Helpful, as he claims!
The Dr. read my primary cares reports and diagnosed me with Fibro with no exam or test of any kind. He told me he could not help me since my primary had tried several of the meds he would have tried. He never recommended another Dr. or even pain mgmt. He told me to follow up with him in 6 months, there was no need, he didn't do anything for me to follow up, he just wanted to charge me for another office visit. Just to note, I never once asked for any pain meds, I wasn't looking for pain meds, I just needed some king of relief from the horrible pain I was in and he sent me away with nothing, It was so disappointing. His nurse is not very friendly either, she quite rude to be honest. I won't say don't give him a try, but I would not trust him to look at a dead dog!

January 7th, 2016
I LOVE DR. GOTTLIEB, HE'S A GREAT RHEUMATOLOGIST THAT HAS HELPED GREATLY. RATED 1 TO 10 I WOULD GIVE HIM A -----9 1/2 ONLY BECAUSE NO ONE IS PERFECT.

September 10th, 2015
Does not listen.

August 12th, 2015
Very bad bed side manner! Talks down on my kidney doctor. Dr Gottlieb is like Dr House. They say he is an excellent doctor, but had a bad attitude.

July 7th, 2015
I was seen by Dr. Alan J. Gottlieb (Rheumatology and Internal Medicine) at the Laureate Medical Group in Jonesboro, Ga today. It was the best experience I've ever had during an initial exam. Dr. Gottlieb was extremely thorough and he actually performed the pre-examination questions, and entered them in the computer himself. He was very specific with his questions and ensured that he had clarity with my answers. He had excellent rapport, was very personable and I enjoyed his sense of humor. The entire experience was the most efficient process performed by the friendliest most helpful staff, from the moment of check-in, through the examination, labs, x-rays, to the checkout process. I would highly recommend Dr. Gottlieb to my family and friends, as a matter of fact I did just that today.

May 28th, 2015
One of my favorite doctors. He has helped me through a very difficult illness an d I can't thank him enough. His diagnosis is on target an d if you follow his instructions, keep your follow up appointments you will find that Dr. Gottlieb and his staff to be an awesome group of medical professionals to entrust your health care.

March 20th, 2015
Dr Gottlieb does not a a good bedside manner at all!

February 18th, 2015
I have been a patient of Dr. Gottlieb's since the mid 1980's when I first moved here, first as a primary care doctor, but now also as a trusted rheumatologist. What I love most about him is his accuracy in diagnosing my health issues and getting them resolved quickly. Even when I go there with a pre-conceived diagnosis of my own, he accurately assesses my symtoms and puts me on the road to recovery. I'v read reviews that critize his bedside manner. Great bedside manner cannot either heal or make you better. He demonstrates his compassion & caring by getting you well and keeping you that way. I love this man!!

January 30th, 2015
Dr. Alan Gottlieb is a treasure. He was recommended to me by a physician friend from Seattle that has contacts at Emory. Dr. Gottlieb has lived up to the recommendation. He has been helping me to keep my RA manageable for five years. Dr. Gottlieb is extremely knowledgeable and very thorough in his examination. After identifying my specific problems, he explained the situation and told me how he will be treating my ailments. He is articulate and explains any technical terms if I have not understood. When walking into his office I have a feeling of security and wellness, not only with the Doctor himself but with his entire staff as well. Dr. Gottlieb has a wonderful sense of humor and I look forward to my next visit. Dr. Gottlieb is the only physician in Georgia that has taken me at the actual time of my appointment and a couple of times he actually took me earlier than the scheduled time of my appointment. This is indeed a minor miracle.

January 10th, 2015
DR. ALAN GOTTIEB, A GREAT RHEUMATOLOGIST.
Dr. Alan Gottieb has helped me tremendously. Before I started seeing him I couldn't walk, I had to waddle to get around,couldn't lift my arms over my head. Now I've made a complete turn around. He's a great Rheumatologist.

October 14th, 2014
No waiting
I have been seeing Dr. Gottlieb for about 6 months, He is a great doctor. I have never waited more than 5 minutes in the waiting room or exam room. He has gotten my rheumatoid arthritis under control. The one thing is, since he is so good, sometimes he seems rushed and does his staff. but that is the only negative

October 6th, 2014
Very courteous and caring staff
Great experience every visit!!!......Doctor Gottlieb and staff have given me "Best in Class" care for many years.....Thank You, I appreciate you all very much!!!