Internists, Rheumatologist
550 Peachtree St NE
Ste 1550
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-892-2131
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

• Currently 3.2083333333333 of 4 stars
 |  Music Industry  |  show details
by Steve G on Sep 6th, 2014

I really like Dr Gottlieb. He is very methodical and doesn't leave me sitting and waiting. I go anywhere between 4 wks to 10 wks depending on my "flare-ups" but I am ALWAYS seen within about 5 mins of my appt time!!!! Great facility.

Sep 4th, 2014

Dr Gottlieb is an excellent physician with excellent bedside manners and he always manages to smile despite having a full day od office.I am most impressed by his ability to call on my regards regardless of what day of the wk or time of day it is if i have critical labs.Way to go Dr Gottlieb and that you for caring.

by Janet Phillips on Sep 2nd, 2014

Dr Gottlieb is amazing, I thought I was losing my mind. He has made my pain almost disappear. I thank God I found him and that he cares about me and how I feel. I hope he never retires, he is my hero! With out him I don't know where I would be.

|  Fantastic Doctor  |  show details
by Marsha P. on Sep 2nd, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Gottlieb since 2006. He is an excellent doctor. With his care my rheumatoid is totally under control. I'm probably one of his boring patients, every time I have my visits, everything is ok. The meds he prescribed for me are working extremely well. He listens to me as well as spends time with me. My insurance has changed twice since I've been seeing him. I have several doctors, the first doctor I make sure my insurance covers is Dr. Gottlieb. I wouldn't think of going to another rheumatologist.

Sep 1st, 2014

I have had the pleasure of working with Dr.Gottlieb for the past seven plus years, and for those years I have witness various amounts of interactions with patients who's lives has changed for the better after being diagnosed. Having worked with several doctors I can honestly say that he is one of the best doctors in his field due to his passion. He is very compassionate and listens to his patients. Its a pleasure working with him, and being a witness to his daily interactions with the patients. I truly can say I value his knowledge after working with him and seeing him helped patients and my family members.

|  One of the best!  |  show details
by Tiesha G on Aug 30th, 2014

I have been under Dr. Gottlieb's care for about 4 years. He is one of the best physicians I've ever had. He is very thorough and listens to my concerns. He is also the ONLY doctor on my care team that has called me on the weekend to discuss my care. That let's me know that he cares and I'm not just a "number".

|  Good old fashioned service  |  show details
by Cleveland E. Robinson on Aug 29th, 2014

I want to commend Doctor Allen Gottlieb for having the courage to be caring, prompt and professional while being human. I have been treated by Dr. GOTTLIEB for over six years he has never failed to personally call me with test results never leaving this important task to his nurse. Thanks Doc.

Aug 27th, 2014

Dr. Alan Gottlieb is a great doctor , very intelligent, and compassionate. I have seen this first hand, I have worked for him for several years . I have heard and seen people thank him for changing there life and helping them get there lives back. I have also seen people get upset because of there diagnosis, they don't want to accept what he's telling them . Please do not judge him, based on these reviews ! Dr. Gottlieb see's 200 plus new patients a year! He is one of the best , in my opinion and experience with working with other doctors. I am honored to say that I work for him and Laureate Medical Group.

by Cheryl Weisman on Aug 26th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gottlieb for over 14 years and find him to be one of the most knowledgeable, kindest, and effective doctor I have ever come across. At the age of 64, wirh several health issues, I have been to many physicians. I believe he is, to me, a miracle worker. Im not saying that he can perform a miracle, but when I first started seeing him, I had been told by a previous doctor in this field, that I was headed to the wheelchair soon. That was 14 years ago. No wheelchair! He listens and undestands the pain and mental anguish of RA and all that goes along with that. He's very attentive and sympathetic to my problems. I dont know where I would be without him. Thanks Dr. Gottlieb for all you do for me.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
by SG on Aug 22nd, 2014

Dr. Gottlieb has been treating me for 14 years. When I first went to him he set me up on my drug regimen and we have had to adjust it a few times over the years but he is very smart and knows what he is doing. I would be in a wheelchair if it was not for Dr. Gottlieb. He has even called me on the weekend to check on me when I was very sick.

|  Not Recommended  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2014

I agree with most reviews. Bedside manner is horrible, doesn't care about your concerns, treats you as an inconvenience. He has a very "do as I say and don't ask any questions" type of approach. He literally reads your treatment plan and potential side effects of meds straight from the computer. When I've called with questions or concerns, his nurse calls me back with his response being "It is what it is." His nurse is not very helpful either. Be careful when dealing with this medical group as well. They like to charge a $25 administration fee for every visit if you don't pay for your appointment in full the day of. My complaint was turned into the patient advocate to have them call me, but they never called. I can find someone else to manage my pain. I do not recommend this practice at all!

|  Bedside manner and compassion sucks  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gottlieb for 2 years now and my first impression of him was correct. I have been a Nurse for 16 years and he has the bedside manner of a frog.This Doctor has no concerns for your health and he doesn't listen or acknowledge the patients concerns. He see patients as if he is reading a script going down his computer with questions that answers himself without hearing the patients response, everything is routine to him as if you are on an assembly line, no personal attention at all. You are just a number. His staff is wonderful but his only concern is the color nail polish the patient is wearing that day. I would not recommend this Doctor to my dog its a waste of your money and time. Don't be taken by the years of experience he has, his care is lousy. Take it from a medical professional first hand. I will not be going to see him again.

|  Review on Dr. Gottlieb  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2014

I visited Dr. Gottlieb last January and was not impressed with him. I found him to be arrogant and uncaring. However, I decided that I would give him another try one year later(January) and found that my first impression of him was indeed accurate. He was again rude and cut me off when I attempted to explain my situation since my last visit with him. I was so taken aback that I drew a complete blank when he asked me to reveal the meds that I take on a daily basis. I find that the other reviews are correct, this doctors bedside manner is terrible. An accurate diagnosis is based on information from the patient. I will definitely be looking for another good Rheumatologist in the near future. Its a shame as his office is not far from my home.

|  Bedside manner sucks!  |  show details
by S.Riley on Sep 5th, 2013

To get my new patient appointment was easy. But when I saw the Dr. for the first time, he was yawning through out the questioning part. He would also ask me a question and before I could answer it , he would answer it for me. He made me feel like I was bothering him or wasting his time. He didn't even let me finish telling him the meds I was allergic too. It's been almost 2 weeks and I still have not gotten a call on my blood work. I will not be seeing this Dr. again even if my life depends on it. He is just rude!

|  RUN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2013

This doctor has no compassion I saw him regularly he always rushed me out he acted as if I was a hassle. He never wanted to get to the root of my problem he just kept prescribing various pills no tests just guessing. To add insult to poor service he speaks in a condescending manner to me and is not willingly to expressing any empathy. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy !! I had to find new doctor ASAP!!!

Mar 20th, 2013

If you're looking for a nice understandable doctor who is welling to listen to your concerns, you definitely don't want to see Alan Gottlieb. He is stubborn, don't listen to patient, rush to see patient and send them out his office asap so he can move on to his next patient as though he is on a competition to see how many patients he can see a day.

|  Horrible doctor  |  show details
by Patricia on Jan 29th, 2013

Stubborn, uninformed and egotistical

|  Very Good Doctor but has horrible bedside manner  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Gotliebb for some time and he does make you feel like you need him and don't have other options. I continue to see him because he is a very good doctor with a great staff.

|  Love Dr. Gottlieb!!  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2012

Dr. Gottlieb has been my doctor for over 16 years. He is always so kind and interested in his patients. He's a top-rate physician, and I have nothing but good things to say about him and his staff!

|  Trust and impatience  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2011

You could not say anthing to him because he said you were interrupting him. He has no bedside manner or office side manner. He is rude and thinks you are just something he has to dal with. I am not sure of his diagnosis and plan to get another opinion. Do not recommend.

|  do not see this doctor  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2011

He had a horrible bedside manner. Very uncaring. He acted as though he could care less about you and what you were dealing with. Totally disconnected with people.

|  Exceptional Doctor and staff  |  show details
Nov 22nd, 2010

Dr. Gottlieb and his staff are exceptional. Always courteous, helpful, and sympathetic to patient's needs. My 85 year old mother has been treated by Dr. Gottlieb for many, many years (I have lost tract of the number of years!) He always greets her with a smile and makes her feel so important. He really cares about her. He and his staff are always sympathetic to her needs and really listen to her when she makes conversation. They remember her like an old friend which makes my Mom feel terrific.

|  This man is a Genius  |  show details
by Wesley on May 17th, 2010

visited 3 different ER's and couldn't find out what was wrong with me. One visit with Dr. Gottlieb and I'm cured. At least what I would call cured. I have been seeing this man for about 10 years. He's terrific!

|  Dr. Gottlieb is outstanding!  |  show details
by Lynn Fishback on Apr 21st, 2009

I can't say enough about how grateful I am regarding how he took care of my mom. She had been in terrible pain for months and her doctors couldn't figure out why. One visit with Dr. Gottlieb and she was diagnosed correctly and is well on her way to recovery and her pain is lessening each day. I am eternally grateful to him. He was caring and attentive and I would highly recommend him.

|  don't go there!!  |  show details
by Brenda on Jun 4th, 2008

Dr. Gottlieb is awful. My husband was a patient of his and my husband was in a motorcycle wreck. My husband had to be admitted to Atlanta Medical center 2 times (The second because he got an infection) Dr. Gottlieb refused to give the insurance company the go ahead for surgery to remove gang green off his foot. He wouldn't even come and see his foot. I talked to insurance company and they did pay, no thanks to him.