- Friendly Staff
- Wait Time
- Appropriate Followup
- Spends Time With Me
- Bedside Manner
- Accurate Diagnosis
- Easy Appointments
Share Your Experience
Have you seen Dr. Alan Kadet?
December 9th, 2015Not acceptable
November 11th, 2015Exceptional
September 29th, 2015
- Not a good doctor. I saw him when I lived in NYC. I was disappointed. I am surprised and skeptical by all the all-praise, no-problem reviews. - Spends almost no time with you - like 1-3 minutes. - Has the vibe of someone who is just doing this to get your co-pay and insurance coverage payment and move on - like he has figured out the system and operates a well-oiled machine for highest cost profit. Does not listen much, does not spend almost any time with you as a patient, which can lead to delaying diagnosis or mis-diagnosis. - Does not write any of your concerns or discussion in your file (at least in my case) - Calls you about blood results, but only at 5 am. And if you try to call him back, is hard to get in touch with. - Has a rude staff - very unprofessional and angry nurse (older Russian woman) (or PA, don't know what she is) who frequently leaves bruises when she takes blood and it really hurts (vs other offices where blood taking does not hurt, in my experience with a medical condition warranting frequent blood tests at one time). He also has a very rude front desk assistant (woman named Jen, I think). - Does NOT have walk ins anymore which was a big plus. - Has short office hours - I think only until 1:30 pm year round (but phones are cut off earlier like 1 pm usually in my experience). I think on Fridays the office closes at 12 (possibly that's only during the summer time). It's not just the doctor who is no longer available - it's the entire office that closes down so you cannot get through to his staff or even an answering service. - Does not have any co-doctor, so the fact that the office closes early is hard. - Does not take a history when you meet him (though maybe after complaints, that will change if you see him). - The positives: Does give blood labs and other results easily through email or print out/mail, which is helpful. And the walk-ins were helpful, but do not exist any longer.
September 28th, 2015Disappointed
Do you have any idea how much your doctor chargers per hour? Or in my case, per five minute visit? As a long time and loyal patient, I woke up sick recently and needed a z-pack. I traveled to and from Brooklyn, to essentially get a prescription. Turns out, with my new insurance, with no co-pay, they sent me a bill a month later, telling me no, they actually don't take my insurance, leaving me with a $200 bill. So much for the no copay! While Dr. Kadet is a nice guy, his office staff can be rude, asking every time, for over ten years, if I'm a new patient? While I understand he needs to make a living too, if they make the mistake saying they accept my insurance, and see me, then renege on it, it's their fault. You've lost a patient.
May 30th, 2015
Dr. Kadet is a very courteous and attentive of his patients. His staff is very diligent and helpful with any requests made. I'm very happy I was able to find Dr. Kadet right when I moved to NYC. Great doctor and amazing staff!
April 23rd, 2014
Dr Alan Kadet has taken care of me for a long time , when I had no diagnosis and had gone to a few other doctors he had one . he is patient, and a good listener gives an intelligent diagnosis and is simply a great Doctor ! A real Doctor ! I will always be grateful... It is also extremely easy to have an appointment when one is needed . He answers phone calls when needed as well . I recommend Doctor Kadet to anyone who looks for a doctor who comes with answers . I thank him for his great care .
January 31st, 2014Mr.
January 17th, 2014Holiday visits
Dr. Kadet is the most patient person in the entire world, I know I have been to several doctors over the years. His diagnosis is always on point and you never leave his office feeling your questions were not answered or he was not listening to you. He is super attentive to your concerns, and super professional in his administration, yet when you leave, your shoulders are always lighter as if you had a massage. His staff are quite knowledgeable, professional yet friendly. The whole visit makes me feel as if I went on holiday.
July 9th, 2013Dr. Kadet is terrific
March 22nd, 2011
March 16th, 2009excellent doctor
Dr. Alan Kadet is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.
Dr Boyan Hadjiev
Allergy and Immunology, Internal Medicine
New York, NY
Dr. Lembitu Sorra
Internal Medicine, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
New York, NY 0.01 mi40
Dr. Arthur Englard
Allergy and Immunology, Internal Medicine
New York, NY 0.02 mi32
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides