Dr. Alan Kantor MD Patient Reviews

3.8

October 30th, 2016
Profoundly grateful for Dr. Kantor's guidance
Dr. Kantor is diagnostically brilliant; thoughtful; has wide ranging medical knowledge; and has a host of practical medical skills (like drawing blood well on difficult patients). He advocates for his patients forcefully and follows up diligently. Please be prepared for his sarcastic humor -- if you don't like this sort of joking you might prefer another, duller physician.

July 21st, 2016
I've had hypothyroid for about 25yrs with a strong family HX of thyroid disease and diabetes. After my first visit, he put me back on track and never felt better. I sleep better, lost weight and feel normal again! Dr. Kantor really knows his stuff and I would recommend to everyone. Don't believe the rumors, he has a great personality and is very smart. Then again, I don't need a hand holder, I need a matter of fact doc!

July 7th, 2016
GOOD GUY
KANTOR IS REALLY A GOOD GUY AND A TRULY GREAT DOCTOR

January 13th, 2016
great
I see a lot of people posting negative reviews. this Dr. is amazing I don't care is he curses, jokes or makes insults. the bottom line is he is amazing in his field and got to the bottom of my issues where 4 prior doctors couldn't. BTW I found his jokes and cursing amusing it made me realize that I was dealing with a real person not some College educated robot.

October 21st, 2015
Worst Doctor I have ever seen. Absolutely no follow up after appt. Changed my meds with my pharmacy without calling me and discussing with me. Does not care about patients. Doesn't return calls or emails. Doesn't seems to care about well-being of patients. Very disappointing. Also very inappropriate and seemed intoxicated during appointment. Highly discourage anyone from going to see this man with something so serious and sensitive as an endo issue. He doesn't get it or care or have the empathy to deal with it.

March 26th, 2015
Dr Kantor is a great diagnostician and super smart. He has a unique sense of humor.

January 29th, 2015
Best Doctor Ever
Dr. Kantor was the best thing that ever happened to me. I was a patient of his for about 10 or 12 years and one of the worst things about moving 300 miles away was losing him as a Dr. He is honest, helpful, funny and yes he does say what he thinks, but he was never rude to me. I was always a bit overweight he mentioned it and both of us knew that losing some weight would only benefit me. He was interested in me as a patient and a person and always had a couple of extra minutes is I needed to talk. I thank him for everything he was able to do for me and still miss him I haven't found anyone that can compare to him since.

October 11th, 2014
Dr.Kantor is the BEST period!
Dr. Kantor is truley the best doctor i have ever been to! He helps me with any issue i have not just the the issue i see him for, and if he can't help he will refer you to the best person for you. mark my words YOU WILL NEVER find a doctor who cares more about his paitents than Dr. Kantor does! i look foward to all my appointments with him. the statement that somebody made about him being "degrading" twards women i can't even believe that was said. im a woman and I've seen him for years and never felt that ever, in fact i know about 6 women who see him and love him.I think its funny that same person also said he called her fat. if you haven't noticed dr.kantor is not a skinny man he also struggles with weight. Dr.kantor for 3 years has helped me lose weight I've Never felt judged ,we talk about how we both try to lose weight. People are so sensitive its sad. Dr. Kantor is a real person and the way he talks to people is real! he doesn't talk "doctor" he talks to you like a person, so you actully know whats going on with you, he makes jokes and makes you feel comfortable. This man is nothing like people claim he is amazing and is way more that a great doctor! -It actually offends me people say bad things about him thats how great he is!

March 19th, 2014
Finally done with him
After many years I have finally found another physician. I would approach each visit with this doctor with trepidation as I didn't know what mood Dr. K. would be in. I have been cursed at, screamed at and berated one visit and treated nicely on the next. I would be a nervous wreck each time I had an appointment. Now, most recently, he has completely ignored any requests I have made via phone and after sending correspondence I am still waiting for an answer. This man needs to retire and take his bad attitude, foul mouth and snarky comments elsewhere. After visiting my new doctor I realize what a truly pleasant experience it can be. I no longer need to be afraid that I will be completely decimated by comments aimed at my decisions about everything from money, other doctors, spouse and children. I have had enough!

October 23rd, 2013
GREAT DR.!!!
dr. kantor is a great dr. he tells you the truth and treats you like family i look foward to my appointments with him!

October 11th, 2013
Dr kantor is awesome and a wonderful physician.. I have been a patient for about 8 years. His demeanor is to be brutally honest with no sugar coating which is refreshing and welcomed in this era of doctors watching everything they say and do .. He spends ALOT of time with you and follows up with you when necessary. I agree with another reviewer that the tv character of "House" is a good example of how he acts, but I think it's great ! I have more respect for him as a doctor than I do for many others and I have been around doctors as a patient, as their representative, and also married to one.. He will tell you what he really thinks, even if it's not the "standard lingo" or what you want to hear .. I see no disrespect or improper behavior, just a lot of brutal honesty, a great sense of humor, and a brilliant diagnostician. It's a shame that so many reviewers don't appreciate what they have with Dr. Kantor, but rather react with these poor reviews. If you can get in to see him and if you can appreciate his sense of humor and not take offense, you will see that this man is one of the best docs around...

September 24th, 2013
Perfect for me!
If you want someone to sugar coat you and hold your hand, this isn't the guy. But he is smart, straightforward (don't like being told you're fat?), and kept EVERY doctor I have informed about what was going on. He can be abrasive,humorous, and irritating and every word of it is the truth. After seeing 3 endocrinologists, I adore this man. After all, I'm paying him to help me, not be my friend. And he's dead-on.