Dr. Alan Karme Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Alan Karme?

Posted on October 14th, 2015

Extremely unpleasant appointment secretary. Treats patients with contempt and disrespect. She makes decisions for the doctor and decide who and when a patient can see him. The doctor himself is cordial and casual.

Terrible man!

Posted on August 23rd, 2015

He's not a nice man. I think he spent too much time running the mental hospital, and doesn't realize in private practice he can't use force and intimidation to get his point across. He was rude and mean and yelled at me liking an abuser to get his point across, and unprofessionally stormed out the door about an issue to which he was completely wrong. I turned around and took 12 hours of psychological testing which proved his diagnosis was incorrect. The first 3 sessions, he just talked about his life as a kid and I didn't say a word. I know all about who he dated when he was young, his family dynamic and his journey developing a career. He knows nothing about me, because he barely listened. Horrible person and horrible doctor. I hope he retires soon, because he should not be in private practice.

Our family does not recommend

Posted on April 15th, 2013

My elderly father (86 at the time), suffering from Alzheimer's, was sent to a facility under Dr. Karme's "care" for almost three weeks for “meds management” a couple years ago. He had acted out at a living facility (no one was hurt). In order for him to move to a new assisted living home, I was told I had no choice but to admit him to the DMC at Huntington Hospital under Dr. Karme’s “care.” The result was tragic. My dad walked into Huntington full of life and was incredibly patient and cooperative for about a 10+-hour admission process. Under Dr. Karme’s “care,” he was severely overmedicated. I visited daily, I was so worried for his well-being. *I was not able to change doctors, I was told. He had to be released first and Karme was not about to do that until he was ready. At the end of the "treatment" my father never walked again on his own, nor could he feed himself or speak normally. His spirit had been broken. We lost him; he was never more than a shell of his former self. If there were any ONE thing I do over for my Dad (and for me), it would be to question, question, question the "authorities" about this type of treatment ~ and I would never allow Dr. Karme to treat anyone in my family.

Great

Posted on October 31st, 2012

I would recommend Dr Karme to anyone. I guess that says it all.

wonderful doctor!

Posted on January 30th, 2011

I definitely recommend Dr. Karme, he is very thorough and caring. Knows when to stop you from rambling, but lets you talk about yourself so that he can see what your mood/mental health is like just by listening. Excellent story teller. Very up to date with medical knowledge, taught at USC, makes sure you have the perfect med combo and will work with you until you do. Highly recommend, one caveat it is extremely hard to get an appointment, I believe the only reason it was easy for me was because he had just come out of retirement. good luck!

Took the time to listen to me

Posted on October 23rd, 2009

Hi, Dr. Karme!

Posted on September 25th, 2008

Interested and compassionate. Good sense of humor. Careful and sensible with medication.

Posted on November 21st, 2015