Dr. Alan Kivitz Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Alan Kivitz?

epitome of arrogance

Posted on April 28th, 2014

My dermatologist recommended I see this doctor.She thought I had psoriatic arthritis. My appointment was for the afternoon,they called so I would go in the morning (inconvenient for us ,but we went in the am) When we got there I had to see a different doctor,because he had to take his wife out for her birthday.REALLY!!! I should have stayed with that doctor. She was compassionate and knowledgeable(something he was not )The next visit I got to see him.He asked me questions .I told him about my pain etc. He looked at me and said in a lower soft voice,probably hoping no one else would hear, I think your...then he tapped his temple with his index finger about three times !!!!! I said WHAT? I broke into tears.He got up walked to the door smirking & called the lab to come to the room to take my blood .He never apologized. or explained his actions,But seemed to enjoy what he had said to me. I should never have paid for that appointment.I wanted to make another appointment just to tell him off. Realized he wasn't worth the time or trouble.He couldn't help me he needed help for his self. So much for the Hippocratic oath. Have to give an overall rating for this doctor.I didn't want to ck one star but it was required. my overall rating is : very poor.. no stars!!!!

Does not believe in Fibromyalgia

Posted on May 27th, 2010

After waiting over an hour to see him, he firmly does not believe in the pain I was in. I stated " we'll say it's Fibromyalgia" I said, "do you really think this is what I have?" He said "yea, sure!" What a joke!! Dr. Frederick Murphy in the same office is now my doctor. He has me on appropriate medication and I feel 100% better.

Posted on September 24th, 2009

Dr Kivitz has always been a very caring doctor, wanting to help ease your pain as quickly and in the best manner possible. I have been told that he is stern and cold but I have never felt that way about him. I know he is extremely busy and wants to help as many people as possible. if he is blunt then it is probably the best way to get something across to some people. I have always found him to be kind and caring and willing to work with me to help find my best "fit" as far as meds etc are concerned

Posted on October 30th, 2017