Dr. Alan Korbett DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

February 1st, 2016
Parent
We have been coming to see Dr. Korbett for over 7 years. He is an excellent physician who listens to his patient and my daughter does not want to change due to the staff being so rude to her especially who is now 24 years old and very knowledgeable of her condition. She is cooperative and comes all the way from Atlanta at the Cobb County line where she holds a successful job after graduating from college. But the way the staff talk to her so negatively and dismissive is disappointing for such a good physician that I would not be surprised that some who could benefit from such good service have left or never came due to the first impression on the phone left by the office staff.

February 5th, 2014
Great doctor - horrible office staff
My son very much enjoyed when he got to visit with Dr Korbett, but as a parent I just could no longer handle the rudeness and unprofessional conduct of his office staff! To say the office staff is not customer focused is an understatement! In no way did I feel helped,by them, only a major run around! Heaven forbid you need anything but scheduling a standard appointment or paying them! Call backs takes days!! All I basically talked to was an answering machine! I shared my concerns with Dr. K and told him if it occurred again I was leaving his practice! We now have a new doctor! After canceling for the snow day I was attempting to reschedule and after three days of calling got someone! The lady I spoke with told me he busy he was and booked well out! I said I understood and then needed his ADHD medicine prescription! He was down to less than a week now! She told me I could not get it without an appointment! After several very loud sighs ( by her, not me) she offered me two times where my son had a dental and orthodontist appt! She then told me how uncooperative I was being, how all she had to do was attempt to accommodate me and suggested I cancel his other appointments if I really wanted his medication! Yes, those were her words! Without confirming I had an appt she just put me to a refill line that takes three to five days to fill! Never have I see them offer help! Sad because we really liked the doctor .

October 3rd, 2013
Good Doctor
I think some of you really should consider the fact that the practice has 6 providers and limited staff. They have a very very high volume of patients to keep up with and let me tell you it's not the staff's fault when the doctor is behind. It's the doctor's fault. My family are all patients of Dr. Korbett and are pleased with him. He is a VERY busy doctor and doesn't kick patients out of his office because it's time for the next patients appointment. As far as the staff keep in mind that the staff works for the doctors, not the other way around. Do you want your appointment abruptly ended when you have questions to be answered just because it's time for the next patient? Likely not because complaining people would be angry with that too. I've come to the conclusion that some people are going to be angry no matter what. I've seen patients rip into the staff for things that the staff have NO control over. I see this almost every time we are in his office. They take a beating from rude and nasty people. In case people haven't realized there is a shortage of these types of doctors and after talking with some of the different staff members they consistently have 10 to 20 new patients walking in their door a day on average. If you people don't like the office then go somewhere else and quit whining. I look at it this way, and try to tell the poor frustrated abused staff that they just need to remember who these other patients are... it IS mental health after all.

September 1st, 2013
Dont be so quick to believe bad reviews
I saw where Dr. Korbett got bad reviews and I feel Dr.Korbett has been severly misjudged. I took my son to Dr. Korbett and my son has a mental illness. Myhad son with several doctors which not one out of 5 helped my child till we saw Dr. Korbett. I was strained from knowing my son was so ill and the medical bills had risen so high I could not pay for medication for my son.. Dr. Korbett put my son on the right medication which for the first time ever my son was getting to have a better I ife. This Doctor even made calls which helped me get the medication free. He gave my son a chance at life. But I remember Dr. Korbett had so many children and adults coming to see him I I had tto wait a little longer but with most Doctors this is the norm. This Doctor was has alot of patients. If I u stop and think about that it should tell you how wonderful he is or he would nit be booked up as he is . I know he was very giving ofvhis time and gave my son a new lease on life. I have recommended this Doctor to so many people and all ofvthembhave called andvthanked mr. I also want to add that thevpeople who may not be happy with their visit need to consider that he is one Doctor who does see a tremendous amount of patients and he personally has hundreds of charts I to go over before the staffvgets them and files them back. Dr. Korbett is worth seeing and he is worth the c wait. I will forever be grsteful

August 19th, 2013
No calls back
Do not expect a call back! What a joke!!

May 21st, 2013
Disgusting
If you want help , don't waste your insurance money nor your personal time with this office. It has been completely unprofessional. I have unfortantly made the mistake of not changing doctors because of being pure lazy, and it has turned out to be the most time consuming mistake . Number one is you will never walk into your appointment at the time given . It's us always about 40-60 mins late (if your lucky) number two is the customer service is worse here than a bad server at fast food . I'm trying to save you the time and high blood pressure . Please please choose another Doc . Your welcome . It had taken me many months and almost years to finally start wasting more time with summering these claims , but finally I have been pushed to my limits and wished I had done something sooner ! This practice is more than a JOKE ! It needs to be shut down and I'm determined to help that process . Again , your welcome .

March 22nd, 2013
Never again
I am a medical professional who sought out help for my child with Dr. Korbett. I am disgusted by his lack of concern for his patients. I called his practice, as he instructed me to, when my child was having problems with his new medication. 11 days later, no response from him or his office staff. I attempted to schedule our follow up appt. sooner, but nothing was available. One of his staff members did notify me that my son's chart had been on Dr. Korbett's desk for weeks, and he was made aware of our crisis. I was told not to expect to hear anything back. I attempted to address this with him, telling him that I would never allow this in my practice. He told me to "open my eyes" that this was indicative of how healthcare is changing. He went on to say that was what "doc in the boxes" were for and why patients had to "resort" to seeing PAs. I understand that the answering machine states it may be 3-5 business days for a call to be returned, which is still unfathomable to me in any medical practice let alone a psychiatric specialty. I further explained that despite many attempts, it was still 11 days and no call back. He then went on to say, "what do you expect when you leave a message on a voice mail? It's the great abyss." Yet, this is still the number he continuosly tells you to call. He insisted that the medication he has my child on is working despite escalations in his severe behavior. He is arrogant, unprofessional and shows no concern for his patients or the parents trying to help their child. We will not be back nor will I refer patients to him any longer. It is shameful that he settles for doing the bare minimum for his patients and defends that as being acceptable. It appears that Dr. Korbett has forgotten his Hippocratic oath of first doing no harm. Ignoring a patient in crisis is negligent.

March 7th, 2013
Never again will I take my son to see Dr. Korbett. Dr. Korbett is very inconsiderate, rude and has no bedside manner at all.

June 7th, 2012
He is very professional, knowledgeable, and thorough. There are times when there is no wait, while other times the wait is long. This all depends on the clerical staff though, not Dr. Korbett.

May 22nd, 2012
Great Doctor..Bad Staff
When it comes to refills, 3 business days are required and the staff may lose refill request. I usually fax mine in and have to prove it will confirmation receipt.

August 29th, 2011
Dr. Korbett was very attentive to the needs of my 16 year old. He answered every question we had, spent time with us and I didn't feel in any way that we were rushed. I was worried about making the appointment b/c of the reviews that his office staff was unorganized. I had the opposite experience, they did their job, they were courteous and professional. I would recommend Dr. Korbett to anyone. Very happy with his service!

May 10th, 2010
Unorganized office staff
Dr. Korbett is a very good doctor. He took the time to understand the symptoms and provide the proper diagnosis and medications. It was his office staff that compelled me to seek another doctor. Whenever I called for prescription refills, they were provided timely. Appointments were often mixed, or cancelled altogether. And billing was a nightmare! In fact, I often felt I should have been paid to see him since I often had to do my own accounting. Unless this doctor completely turns over his office staff, I can't recommend his services.