Ophthalmologist (eyes)

2.5

Loss of vision show details Loss of vision
by Beth on May 27th, 2015

I went to see Dr Leahey because I had a sudden shaded area appear in my right eye. After examination I was told the "gel like substance" in my eye was pulling away from my retina. It was not unusual, that it can happen at age 20 but usually in older patients. I am 60 years old with no eye issues other than reading glasses in recent years. He said it would "settle down" and my vision would improve. He said to come back in approx 4-6 weeks. He never said to call if any changes in my vision occurred!! Due to another issue with pain in the same eye I went back before my scheduled appt. and saw another dr at the same practice. She told me I should have called as soon as there was a change. As a result I've had to have surgery: drain the gel from my eye; insert a gas bubble; lazier my 75% retina detachment back; and have a band placed around my eye to hold in place. I am legally blind in my right eye now and not sure how much if any sight I will regain! If only he had told me to call as soon as any change occurred I would not be where I am now!!!

First Visit show details First Visit
by S. Phillips on Feb 20th, 2015

I had been visiting the cornea specialist at Johns Hopkins - Wilmer Eye Institute for several months 4 times in December. On my first visit to Dr. Leahey, he diagnosed my condition exactly as it was diagnosed at Johns Hopkins by the Professor of the Ophthalmology (corneal) disease dept at Johns Hopkins and within 10 minutes I was scheduled for a procedure with his surgeon Dr. John Siddons. Dr. Leahey is to the point and explained to me more in 20 minutes than the doctors at Johns Hopkins did in the 4 December visits. I highly recomend Dr Leahey as a specialist in Corneal diseases and problems.

by John smith on Jan 18th, 2014

Dr.leahey has the personality of a dead moth. No bedside manner. He is a ok surgeon but with his bedside manner and ok surgical skills I would strongly recommend looking elsewhere in the Allentown area.

Full of himself show details Full of himself
by Ralph on Nov 15th, 2013

Pretended to be concerned about emotional aspects/concerns of patient but when time for surgery completed disregarded patients apprehension. Was rude and uncaring. Beware.

Jul 31st, 2013

Be wary of Dr. Leahey. He pretended to remove a foreign body from my eyelid when I came in complaining of eye pain. I later found out from other ophthalmologists that my pain was due to recurrent corneal erosion and had nothing to do with a foreign body. So why would he do this? Well, he charges over $300 for a foreign body removal (and the supposed removal took about 1 minute - he flipped my eyelid and claimed to remove a piece of plastic). In my opinion, he cannot be trusted.

thank you doctor show details thank you doctor
by Citysearch User on Mar 1st, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Greatest lasik surgeon ever. great bedside manor. doesn`t recommend having 2 eyes done when you only need 1 done!!!!!!!!!!

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com