A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Alan Leichtner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Alan Leichtner, MD, FAAP is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Crohn Disease
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Malabsorption Syndromes
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Leichtner graduated from Harvard University , Boston. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Leichtner has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Beverly Hospital
- Steward Good Samaritan Med Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Leichtner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 13 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 1 plan
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 1 plan
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 3 plans