Overall Review

3.8

August 27th, 2015
Excellent physician
He is simply the best.

January 30th, 2015
Federal IT Systems Program Manager
I could not be more pleased with the outstanding service my family and I receive from this health care provider.

February 27th, 2014
Horrible excuse for a human being
Worst doctor visit experience I have ever had in my life. It has been more than 10 years since I had the unfortunate experience of being seen by Dr. Levinstone and it still haunts me. To say he is a patronizing, arrogant a$$ would be an understatement. I had heard he didn't believe in ADD, so I was curious to see if he could come up with an alternate diagnosis for my issues and help me overcome them, but I never got the chance to explain that to him since he just saw the word ADD and immediately started belittling and berating me. He had no interest in anything I had to say, he had made up his mind about me before he even met me. Made me cry and blamed it on my anxiety problems. I was a young college student, I trusted doctors and I had never had a doctor treat me that way in my life. I am happy to say that no doctor has treated me anywhere near that badly since. It was an excruciating and traumatizing experience for me. My neighbors had recommended him and told me he was "a little weird". No, he's just mean. I've always been upset that I let him treat me that way and never got a chance to tell him off, so Dr Levinstone, if you ever read this, I really, really, really hate you!

December 18th, 2013
Excellent research and follow-ups
Very thorough with excellent research on tricky problems and follow ups even on weekends and late nights with personal phone calls at home. Some challenge his bedside manner -- I have never had an issue and find him very caring about his patients. He can be direct, no-nonsense, and he does not believe in a myriad of unnecessary tests or doctors visits - which I appreciate. He has always been spot on with diagnosis for my friends and family. Nurse practitioners are all excellent and I believe the office manager is the best in the business. Highly recommend if you are not looking for a social hour.

October 30th, 2013
knowledgable, cautious, careful, great referrals
Our family has been seeing Dr. Levinstone for 19 years. On any number of occasions he has been spot on handling a family health problem. This included, pneumonia, a kidney stone that supposedly had been zapped, bronchitis, etc. What has been perhaps the most helpful service he has performed is that he is quick to refer us to the appropriate highly skilled specialist: orthopedists, nephrologists, gastroenterologist, urologist.

September 13th, 2013
not sure if I can recommend
With Dr Levinston you never know who you're going to get. He can be very personable and focused or distracted and indifferent. I suppose it just depends on his mood. He was always like that. Which is fine because he was a good doctor, but now.. especially lately, he seems like he rather be anywhere else than at work. I don't pick a doctor for his personality but I want my doctor at least to pretend to be interested in my medical condition. As for his staff.. He has the WORST office staff I have ever had the misfortune of coming across. They are all nasty and incompetent. . Even if just calling for an appointment you'll get a nasty attitude or tone from one of those women. Most of the nurses are very good and extremely professional. I have been going to Dr Levinstone for a very long time, and think he is a good doctor and a good man, but his heart doesn't seem to be in it ..and the staff is so unpleasant , it's just not worth the grief ... so I would not recommend him.

September 10th, 2013
Excellent Doctor and Staff
I moved to Virginia over 12 years ago and knew nobody here. I chose Clifton Centreville Medical Associates and Dr. Levinstone at random and have been with them every since. You will primarily see a dedicated (to you) Nurse Practitioner (there are about 10 in the office) who will call in the doctor any time they want him to check you, or to double check their diagnosis. If you want to see Dr. Levinstone instead of a Nurse Practitioner, it will be more difficult to get an appointment because there are only so many hours in a day. I have never had to wait more than a week, two at the most. I don't understand the reviewers who say he loses interest in you, because my health issues are not anything I would categorize as interesting and he responds to me positively every time I see him. The thing I most appreciate about this staff is Preventative Medicine is their priority. I will continue to see Dr. Levinstone.

August 15th, 2013
Really knows his stuff
Dr. Levinstone knows his medicine and he knows his patients. My whole family goes to him and we love him.

April 20th, 2013
He is one of very few doctors who follow up with you and calls to check up on you. He really wants to help you unlike many doctors I have worked with. Sometimes its difficult to find the source of your symptoms, but he will keep working with you. He doesn't seem to give up like many doctors that don't care if they can't figure out the source of the problem.

April 1st, 2013
Time to Leave
I second the negative reviews for this doctor for the benefit of new patients. For one thing he is almost never there and you get to see the Nurse Practitioners all the time. When you insist to see him, you have to wait several weeks, then he still does not show up at the appointment. Once you become an "old patient" he is not interested in you. He does not call you back. I was told by the nurses: the doctor says he does not know what's wrong with you. Getting an appointment or getting your medication refilled require a lot of patience. The office staff can be nasty at times. Please find another doctor.

July 10th, 2011
If he loses interest in you, then forget about it!
Dr. L. initially was interested and sought to find a diagnosis for my problem. When he ruled out a seizure disorder, then I was just a pain to him. My last visit he was very condescending and treated me horribly, I left his office feeling his scorn. He didn't even look me in the eye or listen to me. He sent me away with anxiety meds which were un-necessary. Needless to say, I have switched practices and will try to find a dr. that believes in me.

August 25th, 2010
Said I had MS even though Brain MRI was CLEAR. Saw several dr's afterwards and they all said I did NOT in any way have MS. he did not and would not treat the pain I was in. Turns out I had severe OA the entire time and bone spurs in my spine. He may be very good at following up but he has no bedside manner at all and if you are looking for someone caring, he is not the Dr. for you.