Dr. Alan Lichtbroun Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Alan Lichtbroun?

Patient

Posted on November 14th, 2017

The staff at Dr. Lichtbroun's office is very rude. They certainly have never been taught the mantra "treat others how you would want to be treated'. Dr. Lichtbroun should reconsider who he has representing him at the front desk.

Extremely rude doctor

Posted on November 16th, 2016

Dr. Lichtbroun was very rude and condesending He did a test on me and sent it out and when he got the results back he had a hard time understanding the results and seemed to take it out on me and literally YELLED at me when I told him I didn't have a medical degree so I don't understand medical terms. I would never go back and would never recommend him to anyone. HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT

Posted on July 6th, 2016

Very thorough and very kind.

highly recommend

Posted on November 5th, 2015

He is phenomenal, professional and caring. I trust him with my life and I'm a Nurse

Great physician

Posted on October 20th, 2013

Clearly others have had different experiences, but Dr. L. is one of the top rheumatologists in the state, extremely knowledgeable. Staff is busy, but efficient, no phone trees or anything. He always returns phone calls himself at the end of the day. In today's nightmare of insurance companies and large impersonal groups, it is good to know my doctor knows and cares about me when it really counts. Staff is only human, and if you are respectful to them, they will be to you also.

crazy doctor

Posted on October 8th, 2013

doc is bipolar wife is rude nurse seemed stressed but while i was in the exam room she was interupted 4 times!! Won't go back

So-so Doctor, Horrible, Awful, Terrible and Rude Staff!

Posted on August 29th, 2013

When I went in to see dr Lichtbroun for the first time I thought. Wow, this guy is good. He prescribed a new medicine and I thought I'd be on my way to recovery. The second visit proved me wrong. All he did was to review his notes and read them back to me. Then he gave me the same exact medicine and off I was sent... the third visit was exactly the same thing, he sat me down and read all his notes to me exactly as he's had transcribed them for the first two visits, and he sent me on my way with the prescription..I felt he wasn't even listening to me or that if he even cared. I think he felt insecure and thats why he took up 10 minutes each appt with reading old notes aloud. I found this doctor was more interested in talking about medical theory than the reality of the arthritis pain I was encountering. When I went into his office with my husband he talked to him about me as if I wasn't there. It was weird being in the room with a doctor who wouldn't look at me. I was offended at this blatant sexism by a medical professional. I felt he talked down to me as a woman! The WORST part of seeing dr Lichtbroun was the office and their, so called, billing dept. His wife is the office manager and she runs the office with an iron fist. I kept getting double billed for office visits and she wouldn't let us make appointments unless we paid in advance. I was really insulted by that since we had both Medicare and Blue Cross/ Shield and no other doctor made those kind of demands. We checked with Medicare and they were NOT allowed to do that and the office staff, AKA his wife, knew that! I would get dunning letters from the office saying I had to pay a bill right away.. I would call and explain that the bill was paid. Then they would go ahead and send me the same bill all over again! This went on and on, bill after bill. I was told that it would stop and it never did. I even had Medicare call them and explain that the bills were paid. The wife promised the double billing would never happen again, and the following month I got a double bill! So much for promises! If the doctor was somebody who I couldn't live without, or someone who could stop my arthritis problems, then I might have put up with this. BUT that was not the case. And I simply went back to my old doctor. Who, even though he was much further away, took good care of me!

is this the same staff/

Posted on May 8th, 2013

I am a new patient and read all the reviews Dr does eem to be a bit out there but the staff was wonderful. The nurse did not say HOW ARE YOU but did ask what brings you here isn't that the same?? The whole staff was very nice although his wife was not there. Looking forward to next appt.

Very Frustrating Experience

Posted on February 21st, 2013

Dr Lichtbroun is a good doctor but rather than talking to you he reads his notes out loud each and every time. It is exasperating to listen to all your symptoms and medications read to you for 10 mins before he examines you. Couldn't he try to remember his patients and their problems. Couldn't he just review his notes and then try to care for you? Once he has reviewed his notes, he barely looks at you. He starts talking about research he has read and pills and therapies that are avant guard to put it mildly. Then he writes you a script for whatever you need and you leave. His staff is horrible. Really horrible. His wife runs the office and his mother in law runs his wife. The mother in law lives in Florida and she does the bookkeeping. Obviously she is allowed a giant berth because no matter how many times she messes up they simply let it go. For instance, I received a bill for services rendered. My insurance had already paid the bill and I showed them that on paper. The office manager, his wife, said she was sorry and that it would not happen again. Well it did! Two more times. Finally, I told them I couldn't take this rigamarole any longer and I left the practice. Its a shame that I was forced to leave a medical practice due to the failure of the staff to run the office successfully. I think the reviewer who said he was henpecked by his wife and mother in law got it correct!!! I know I won't be back

Excellent

Posted on January 17th, 2013

Dr. Lichtbroun is a very caring, empathetic, knowledgable doctor. I am a registered nurse and have met many doctors. Few are as easy to communicate with as Dr. Lichtbroun. He is exceptional at listening and really focusing on your symptoms and concerns. He views you as an individual, not just just a textbook model. He looks outside the box and appreciates your opinion. When I read other reviews that were negative, especially about his staff I thought it was unfortunate. If you take the time to understand his office and staff you will realize his genuine concern for each patient affects the time management in the office. The staff gets a bad rap because they are trying to keep things moving in the office. The doctor becomes very focus on his patients and obviously cares a great deal. He always has interesting new information he has studied. He has a passion for caring for people. I am very grateful to have met Dr. Lichtbroun and like and understand his staff. They are all very hard working.

Posted on June 26th, 2012

doctor is bipolar mind is everwhere would leave if not for his nurse Pat she tries to smooth everything over including nasty front staff

Posted on March 29th, 2012

Dr. Lichtbroun is a good and insightful doctor. The only downside is the rude demeanor of some of his office staff. But all in all, it is worth having to deal with the unpleasant staff to see such an experienced, knowledgable doctor.